Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

How's the progress on this app?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    What ALDL.ds file are you looking at for the length?
    A274.ds

Fuel Injected!
    Tried the 94-3.4LV6 with similar unstable results. Gave up on it for now. That one used a file named "16184737.ads/adx".

Better results on the 86 F-car 5.0L V8 carburetor version, with a modified 1227165_160.adx. Scan works fine but app crashes while rotating screen. Do the indicators in the file need to be made smaller?

Fuel Injected!
    Gary, is that you that reported the crash at 12h39AM yesterday ? That's for the 160 baud ECM, correct ? Can you please attach the ADX for that here please ?

Now, for $EE, I have a feeling you're right and there is more then 1 issue. Now, we need to figure out the response length. The way I'm calculating it is the following:

- The command length, F4 57 01 00 B4, so that's 5 bytes.
    - The packet body length, 63, so I end up with 68.

I'm not sure if I understand how it can be less then that, can you elaborate ? :)

Just to be sure, you're using a bluetooth adapter for all these tests, correct ?

Let me know, thank you!

Fuel Injected!
    And I think I know what is wrong with the silence commands not being sent (assuming you're using Bluetooth). I will have more testing to do tonight or tomorrow but I will have a new version out with that fix. Let me know for the response length stuff. Thx :)

Fuel Injected!
    Bluetooth, correct, as per Timm's adapter with an old HTC myTouch 3g phone.

I see the discrepancy. You are including the request string in the length. I do not. Some definition files treat these separately (request and response). Whatever method you use, it might have to be offset by the length of the request string if you choose to keep it. For example, if the definition says the data is at offset 0x14, you would have to make sure whether that is referenced to the beginning of the request string or to the beginning of the return string. Evidently you capture the request string as well, since it is echoed back via the hardware connection of the TXD and RXD pins. The method I use ignores the request string, so I can use the A274.ds file directly in the following manner. My app just syncs on the header string, which in this case would be F4 92 01, then starts counting after that. In any case, yours should be: 4 bytes for the request command + 1 byte for the command's checksum, plus 3 bytes for the returned string header, then 60 bytes of data, and finally one checksum byte for the return string, total of 69.

Attached is the file for the 86 V8 (160 baud) pcm. Note that it is a partial conversion from another one, and was modified just enough to get some TunerproRT results that could be verified. It is by no means perfect. As noted before, the scan works ok, but the app crashes while turning the phone on it's side. I will try to remove any gauges if there are any present in the file. EDIT: Works perfectly now after editing out the gauges using TunerPro and reloading the adx file.

Update for the $EE : I put my USB hardware adapter in parallel with the PCM data pin and forced the silence command using my Scan9495 app. Once that was done and the bus was silenced, your app ran good without any instabilities. So evidently getting the silence command to work will fix this problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GaryDoug; 12-07-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Awesome, let me get the new version out that should fix the silence stuff and we'll see from there! The issue was (I think) the fact that it takes a few seconds to connect to the Bluetooth adapter and the silence command was sent right away after you clicked connect so the app wasn't yet connected to the adapter and the command was getting lost. Now, I start the ECM comms thread only when fully connected and I added a connection step so the dashboard say "connecting" before "connected" when using Bluetooth. That would also explain why Jeff's silence commands were working fine, because he's on USB (no connect delay), it probably wouldn't work with Bluetooth for him either. Version 0.19 should fix that. I'm going to release it later today after a bit more testing.

Thank you man!

So here is my bluetooth question. In the latest version of the bluetooth adapter I have three separate input channels. The question is when to lift the ground on pin B.

Here are my thoughts

Pin D - old stuff which I think all requires Pin B to be grounded. The ground is applied when the bluetooth connection is established.

Pin M - Newer and does any of it require pin B? If not then my thoughts are to never apply ground to pin B.

Pin E - Some require constant pin B and others only require pin B at the start. Ground pin B and look for data? Then if I see the data disconnect pin B and is the data continuing? If so then leave pin B ungrounded. If not then re-ground pin B?

Then the next question will be if that is how to proceed do I do it at engine start up or at bluetooth connect? I know some ECMs have negative side effects of having B grounded. Do any have lingering side effects after having B grounded and then removed from ground?

The current software has the bluetooth board initialization is somewhat long (at power up). I need to go through the procedure and trim down the times.

-------

The latest version of the bluetooth adapter automatically identifies the data pin and thus sets itself up for the correct bluetooth speed. My goal is to have a unit that requires no need for the user to have to set jumpers for it to work properly.

Fuel Injected!
    I know that some of the later OBD1 GM cars (94 and 95 for sure) use pinB-to-ground to enter a pseudo-diagnostic mode that activates several items (both fans, EGR valve, AIR pump and another I forget). Lifting the ground connection puts it back in normal mode. Might be slightly useful, but not for scanning.

Super Moderator
    B to ground while running it will enter field service mode on most ECMs, but i can't remember the specifics of it.

3.9K to ground along with some strange voltage levels will cause factory test mode.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Sorry I meant putting pin B at 10K to ground.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Timm, glad to see you posting here! Unfortunately, your questions are really out of my competences but I'm sure someone here will be able to help you :)

I've just pushed version 0.20 to Play (will show up in ~1 hour). This version is mostly bugs fixes to the tuning section. Here is the changes log:

- Fixed crash in tuning section in some circonstances when table axis label have no units (reported by Jeff)
    - Fixed tuning section not displaying column major tables properly (reported by someone using $42, can't remember)
    - Fixed XDF item equation not being calculated properly when using linked variable(s)
    - Fixed ADX value that use a linked variable using the raw value instead of the calculated value from the linked variable
    - Fixed table axis labels wrongly being casted to float (now string)

Fuel Injected!
    Hi Sebastien,
    Ver .20 worked much better for the silence request. Unfortunately it only works about 50% of the time. Attached is a marked up sniffer log showing that on the failed attempts there is no silence request string. Usually there are two, sometimes one, showing in the log; but when the scan shows regular comms mixed in with chatter, those sections have no silence request up front of that section. The log file shows the data during repeated connects and disconnects. Let me know if anything requires explanation. By the way, in the file the time is fairly short between disconnects and connects, but I have verified the same 50% results using times of about a minute.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Cool, thank you, that is useful. I was expecting it to work 100% first try but that's still progress I guess :P Now, I'm thinking that since the write of silence commands are happening in another thread, sometime buffers get reinitialized after the silence commands are sent or something. For the next version, I've moved the CONNECTED event further down in the process in the Bluetooth class, I won't be able to move it more then that now tho. If that is still not enough, I won't be able to do much else then adding a Thread.sleep() or something before sending the CONNECTED event, which I would like to avoid. :)

Fuel Injected!
    Here's another thing I noticed. Your silence requests are spaced about 40-50 milliseconds apart. The chatter spacing on this PCM are almost exactly 50 milliseconds apart, which is why I chose 75ms for my app (to avoid having them fall atop the chatter 2 or 3 times in a row). Something to consider. Or maybe irregularly spaced ones might be better for a wider compatibility.