Page 23 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Didn't realized $EE was for f-body as well :) I will wait for your test then as $EE seems to be a weird one as well. I'm not too worried about $8D tho.

Timm adapter will work great btw, good stuff from him! :)
    $EE is for the 94 and 95 F-cars and a few others. For those, that was the last years before OBD2, and they don't even have the capability to "flash" the trouble codes with the MIL, so there is some market for scan utilities. They are a bit busy with several modes of operation and the fact that they are PCM's, not just ECM's, in that they control the transmission as well. So you have another scan mode for the transmission section and several others, including one just for the DTC's.

Yes, I bought an USB-ALDL adapter from Timm before, just for evaluation.

Electronic Ignition!
    Seems to be loading the $OD adx fine so far. I will know more when I get the bluetooth adapter.

Fuel Injected!
    $0D is a pretty simple one as well so it should be fine, but let me know if you're running into any issue. Actually, feel free to let me know if it works great as well :)

Gary, I'm happy to have you on-board to help test this, seems like one pretty complicated ECM compared to other. :)

Super Moderator
    i think you'll be able to call it 100% if/when someone with a 93-95 northstar is able to get it working out of the box.

those PCMs...... are SO very finicky about the datastream.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Electronic Ignition!
    What about some of the various $OD that have been modded such as the OD maf? I havent tried that one yet to see if it will.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm not familiar with that mod but I would assume this is just some tweak to some <ADXVALUE> item(s) or something ? Most (all ?) issues right now are with the comms side of things, mainly <ADXCSENDCOMMAND>, <ADXCLISTENPACKET> and <ADXCLISTENSILENCE>, this is the more complex stuff. The rest is usually pretty straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwhtahoe View Post
    What about some of the various $OD that have been modded such as the OD maf? I havent tried that one yet to see if it will.
    It's just a regular (modified) data stream and won't be an issue.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I'm not familiar with that mod but I would assume this is just some tweak to some <ADXVALUE> item(s) or something ? Most (all ?) issues right now are with the comms side of things, mainly <ADXCSENDCOMMAND>, <ADXCLISTENPACKET> and <ADXCLISTENSILENCE>, this is the more complex stuff. The rest is usually pretty straight forward.
    When I mentioned earlier the Impala SS forum this is the B body Lt1 including the Cop car 9c1 Caprice and also the Buick Roadmaster.

steveo was working on the $EE ADX and XDF that I did a lot of work on. Even had it hook up to RoadMaster which has a HVAC silence command for that module because it would read out data and codes through the Climate control. Look at the first couple paragraphs of this post to latest ADX steveo was working on. As IIRC GaryDoug did some work on the 92-93 LT1 silence commands, there are also issues with Corvette CCM module for all those years, but it's all documented in ALDL files and I think we have most of them working. The LT1 $E ADX I had would work on all including Buick Roadmaster, but took 2 connection tries on Camaro because of HVAC silence I had in there for Buick. Then Corvette needed CCM first...

This is going to be a big customer base and the hardest issues you have to deal with is connections, silence etc... for this line of cars.

Robert had mentioned the Northstar... but I don't see that as being a big customer base.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

the 92-3 Corvette CCM (and even 94-95) should take from the 90-91 Corvette which also use a CCM. I know the 90-91 L98 ($8D) and probably 90-95 LT5 Corvettes will work. the LT5 code is based off of the $8D and I know the data stream is 95% the same on 90-95 LT5 cars. I have tested this program on my 1990 LT5 ( even though it is away for winter) as I really wanted the app and I figured it would be best to help out now if there were any issues, but many got it. I will now work to tweak the Connection stream to see if I can streamline it, but I have a long list of other things to finish on my car first :)

Fuel Injected!
    I can also evaluate the 94/95 F-car 3.4L V6/L32 (16184737.adx/ads) on another test bed I built for developing a scan app for those cars. It has almost as much capability as my LT1 bench setup.
    These are the two setups for which I posted photos earlier in post #193.

Fuel Injected!
    Do not have aldl to usb adaptor yet, but downloaded $42 mask and my bin file.In my main spark advance table they all came up large negative numbers. (Galaxy 3)

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you for mentioning! I put all ADX stuff in priority right now but I will look at the tuning stuff soon enough as well. It's the first step to get this to work properly before I can even think about doing real time tuning :)

I you can link to the XDF and BIN file, that would help as well.

Gary, I will gladly help you test what ever ECM, the more you have, the better :)
    Last edited by 3400tZ; 12-04-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I've just published 0.17 (will take about an hour to show up as usual).

Changes:

- Added support for "headerstring" and "footerstring" from ADX file
    - Fixed a possible issue with 160 baud ECM
    - ADX files listed in the settings section now just use file name instead of the file name + file description in the ADX. I found that the description was more often then not, not really useful and added some slowness to the settings section has I had to parse all the ADX files to extract the data.

I've looked at the tables display issue in the tuning section and there indeed seems to be an issue with the minor/major stride bits handling. Still on the TODO :)

Fuel Injected!
    I would like to post on thirdgen.org in a near future. Anybody with an F-body around here that want to give the app a go ? I tested $8D ADX file tonight (which I think is one of the popular f-body code mask ?) and it seems to load fine. It's so similar to the $A1 file that I have a feeling everything will be fine.

Where is Chris and everybody else that wanted this app ? :P
    hey I think I am one of those guys...... I found out my android device does not support usb hosting, so I am waiting (researching) on getting a new tablet. I am also a EE$ user (I have the one steveo was working on 2.2).... plus I am using the uber-easy usb cable based on this chip ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-FT232RL-...item2eca47385e ) .... so I guess I need confirmation that this works with the app \ tablet as well. Congrats on getting it up and running

Fuel Injected!
    Damn it, found another issue with 160 baud ECM so I had to fix that as well, version will be 0.18.

Now, I have a question. In $42 ADX file, the listen packet is defined like so:

<ADXCLISTENPACKET id="160BAUD" idhash="0xD05BBA9A" title="Data Transfer" flags="0x00000009">
    <desc>Command to hook up to ECM and get data!</desc>
    <listentimeout>400</listentimeout>
    <packetbodylength>0</packetbodylength>
    <packetoffsetinbody>0</packetoffsetinbody>
    <packetsize>20</packetsize>
    <headerstring size="2">0A0B</headerstring>
    <footerstring size="2">0A0B</footerstring>
    </ADXCLISTENPACKET>

Does someone know what that headerstring is ? I'm pretty positive TunerPro just ignore it because its non sense to me... There is no "header" with 160 baud really, its just a continuous stream. Mark, any reason you put that in there ? :P