Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Electronic Ignition!
    I am ready for this to be released too. My phone is not usb host capable, the bluetooth will work fine insead of the usb host correct assuming i buy the adapter?

Fuel Injected!
    Yes, assuming your phone support Bluetooth, most of them do.

Fuel Injected!
    Looks like the first release of this is going to happen soon (within 2 weeks for sure ?), will keep you guys posted obviously :)

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Looks like the first release of this is going to happen soon (within 2 weeks for sure ?), will keep you guys posted obviously :)
    It's an honor to be watching this development in progress since it will probably be famous some day ;-)

Fuel Injected!
    I am kind of exited about this release, but blue tooth wont operate fast enough for enhance things on obd2 may work on obd1.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryDoug View Post
    It's an honor to be watching this development in progress since it will probably be famous some day ;-)
    I hope so man! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    I am kind of exited about this release, but blue tooth wont operate fast enough for enhance things on obd2 may work on obd1.
    It doesn't support OBD-II right now anyway tho. I don't see why Bluetooth would be too slow, it is usually a tad slower then USB, but it's never a huge issue IMO unless you're really into maximum read / seconds!

Fuel Injected!
    OBD2 on the GM cars of the 90's and early 00's output a single PID about every 20 msecs, so you get about 50 samples per second and good looking data/graphs for some parameters. Of course, CAN is faster yet. I wrote an OBD2 app first and noticed the sample rate for it was way, way slower with B/T than with USB. The 20 msec cycle time went to more like 200 msec. Might have just been because it was on a Windows pc though.

Fuel Injected!
    Interesting! I have no OBD2 coding experience (yet) so I was just guessing from everything else I've played with. With Megasquirt and ALDL, the difference really isn't that much.

Fuel Injected!
    OK I just tried it on a new hybrid pc with B/T. Much better results. For OBD2 with 18 PID's selected, the overall scan time was .625 seconds with USB and about 1.000 seconds with B/T. This is with an Atom processor (slow as molasses), so about 35ms per PID. More in line with your results?

Fuel Injected!
    MegaSquirt is like 50ms per read (for all 400+ bytes of real time data, you get everything at once) on Bluetooth but that's at 115200bps (MS2 and MS3) :)

35ms per PID isn't too bad I guess :)

Fuel Injected!
    Ok guys, there it is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

After some reflection, the price currently is and should stay at what it currently is. If I sell enough, I might end up adding some extra features. Important part right now is fixing crashes and making sure the ADX parser is solid.

Mike (mikew) has been using it for almost a week now. We had a few issues at first but we got almost all of them figured out now, no show stopper anymore!

Once you got the app working, feel free to send me your ADX file so I can include it in the next release to make people's life easier (currently 8F and A1 are included and tested working). Once you got it working for your code mask, feel free to post it on forum of people that uses the same code mask as you :)

Looking forward to hearing feedback from you guys!

I will buy it when I get home. Your info says we should have external sd cards, but I would think internal will work as long as they are partitioned correct .. mainly nexus 7 in my case

Fuel Injected!
    Well, the Android API call it "external storage" but yeah, the SD card is internal to your device. Nexus 7 is fine :)

Fuel Injected!
    So it looks like im asking for an android device for Christmas. ;)
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Okay.. Bought it, using a USB ftdi cable, otg adapter on my nexus 7. Every time I try to connect the aldl program crashes, is there a log or something I can look at to find the problem?