Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    yes 160 baud needs the CEL attached to work properly.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Did you not use a '7747?
    I have no idea what a 7747 is except perhaps another version of the ECM. Nor am I aware of the part number of this one, since it has no labels or markings other than "1986 Z28 carb" painted on the case. I got this ECM off ebay for $10 purely for this research and will likely not use it for anything else. It's my hobby, being retired and all.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by delcowizzid View Post
    yes 160 baud needs the CEL attached to work properly.
    Yes.
    Last edited by GaryDoug; 11-08-2013 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryDoug View Post
    I have no idea what a 7747 is except perhaps another version of the ECM. Nor am I aware of the part number of this one, since it has no labels or markings other than "1986 Z28 carb" painted on the case. I got this ECM off ebay for $10 purely for this research and will likely not use it for anything else. It's my hobby, being retired and all.

I thought it was 3400t that posted that posted, I was on my phone when I did, so disregard.

But yes, a '7747 is one of the most common ECMs to be hacked of all time I'd say.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Super Moderator
    the only competition i would say it would have in the C3 world is the 3.8SFI unit.

P4..... it would still run close to the 7730/7727/7749.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by GaryDoug View Post
    The ALDL data streams change on almost every car. Download this zip file and go through it and you will find the correct ALDL data stream info for that 86 Z28 carb.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead.../ALDLstuff.zip

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    So I did some more work around 160 baud support, like adding a "not yet in sync" indicator while connecting to the ecm and stuff like that.

At this point, the app is reallllyyyy close to a first release I would say. I want to go back to my MegaSquirt stuff soon for a bit so the first release for this should happen soon. Before I go back to my MegaSquirt Android app tho, I've another project in mind that I've already ordered hardware for (non Android related) that I might start a thread on this forum to show off as well. That project will be open source and will involve an Arduino, CAN bus, a MegaSquirt, an OLED display, a 2 1/16 gauge and... geezzz I gave it away :P

Anyway, for ALDLdroid, I'm thinking of a starting price of 9.99$ for you guys on this forum, then I will go to regular price of 19.99$ once some testing has been done and will post on more forums. Remember that this is most likely your only chance to get a mobile app for these ECM really :) The price does include free updates obviously and I will do my best to fix the bugs you guys found assuming you want to help (saying your app crashed, you sucks! won't help :P I've seen it all already :/). What is annoying with the Play store is that the refund policy isn't all that great. The rule is you have 15 mins after you paid to get a refund. After 15 mins, too bad, you're stuck with the app. I personally don't think 15 mins is enough time to try an app like ALDLdroid but that 15 mins cannot be changed. So past that, there is no refund possible. I will make that clear in the app description.

Once I've sold enough copies of the app to pay for the stuff I bought for development (around 200$ I think ? That's 10 copies at 20$, can't believe I couldn't reach that somewhat fast...), if I can sell enough to buy an Ostrich and/or AutoProm, I might add real time tuning support but that's a big MAYBE! I do want to find some time to fix bugs tho, but it's important to understand that I don't have access to every ECM out there so depending on the bug, it might be hard sometime. The app already has support for BIN file editing with tables/flags/scalars with 2d/3d tables display as previously mentioned and I assume most of it should work decent, but I don't have a burner and/or car with a GM ECM installed to test :P

Thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post

Thoughts ?
    I'm in!

I think if you have 8192 baud and 160 baud done along with whatever commands needed for the LT1 type PCM done? There's not going to be any issues with other GM ECM/PCMs.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I'm in too.

Fuel Injected!
    Well, I've been developing software long enough to know for a fact that there will be issues :) But I agree that now that I've got both my 160 baud and 8192 baud ECMs working, it *SHOULD* mostly be little bug fixes here and there. Hopefully not too many show stopper bugs.

Thousands of different Android differences and hundred (?) of different ADX files/ECM combined with a lot of guessing work and reverse engineering sure doesn't make thing easy :)

You know where I stand.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Sign me up!

I've currently got a 7" Sero7 Pro tablet but I think I may get a couple of smaller tablets/phones form factor devices and do a permanent "digital dashboard" installation in two cars. So I'll get 3 copies, 1 now and 2 more PDQ.

The value of what you've done is worth a whole lot more than $9.99 or $19.99 to me, and I'm sure others.

With that in mind; if you'll setup a way to "donate" to help cover your development costs (or even just PayPal you some cash), I'm happy to kick in a few extra bucks.

Now as far as Arduino (I do quite a bit with Arduino) in an 2 1/16" gauge case.... I've not found a source for empty cases (although they have to be out there). I've built Arduino code for 8192 ALDL, so maybe a CAN Bus and ALDL version!

looking forward to the release!! $20 is a steal compared to many other programs for Datalogging..

cannot wait for the first release ( then warm weather to actually try it, but I will buy when you release it, even if it means sitting in the garage testing it.. LOL

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    The ALDL data streams change on almost every car. Download this zip file and go through it and you will find the correct ALDL data stream info for that 86 Z28 carb.
    Been there many, many months ago. Great info. I have already done the mods to the closest TunerPro file I could find. Probably done with that ECM now.

Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Thoughts ?
    I will buy a copy just for kicks regardless of the bugs ;-) Might try to patch together a cheaper way to go with the BT/USB adapter though.

Fuel Injected!
    Look foward to trying this out while real world rock crawling.