Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    Tonight I added support for one complement and two complement check sum calculation methods. I'm not even sure which ECM use that but oh well, its in there now!

Man I cannot wait to try this out

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    freestyle5150: I will definitely need some testing in a near future :
    when ever you're ready , i'll be glad to help. Is there anything we can do while we wait?

Fuel Injected!
    Not much really, shouldn't be too long til the app is on Play ready to be downloaded and used I think :)

Tonight I went back to dashboard stuff. I had an issue that when the ADX (or XDF) file couldn't be parsed for whatever reason (either because the file itself is just wrong or because I have a bug in the parser), the app would crash. I didn't had any plan for this for the first version as there is about a million thing that can go wrong and creating a proper error message for each cases and thinking about everything would just take forever. I decided to implement a very generic approach as the first step. So now, instead of crashing, you will see this:

If you tap Yes, I will receive by email your ADX file along with the stacktrace of the exception and some other random info (Android version, ALDLdroid version, etc). This will hopefully be enough for me to debug and not much extra effort from the users. We want this situation to happen as rarely as possible obviously but we cannot assume it will never happen so I had to do this.

I also added support for "hot swapping" ADX file, so that when you go into settings and change the ADX file, the changes are applied right away (instead of having to restart the app). I even tested while being connected to an ECM and everything seems to work great. This probably won't be the most used use case in the world but its good to know that its supported!

Quite a few other random crashes were fixed as well.

I'm more and more happy with this app :)

I'm more and more happy with this app :)
    So I know it was touched on before, but are you using a cable or Blue tooth adapter for logging?

If BT I am ready to buy mine so I have it (and I will try it out on TunerPro) then I can just leave it in the car

I'm wondering if I could get a USB to mini USB for my Android phone?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
    So I know it was touched on before, but are you using a cable or Blue tooth adapter for logging?

If BT I am ready to buy mine so I have it (and I will try it out on TunerPro) then I can just leave it in the car
    I'm using both. The app works with both Bluetooth and USB (FTDI chip only). I've tested much more on Bluetooth tho as my phone doesn't support USB and I test more with my phone. Bluetooth is really solid on Android (compared to Windows which is flaky as hell). The only downside is the bit slower data rate but the fact that its wireless compensate for that IMO. The adapter from Red Devil River works really good even if its a prototype (it's an Arduino with a chineese bluetooth adapter inside). I know Timm is working on v2 of the adapter but it's more to be more compact and more official hardware and get rid of the jumpers.

USB is still useful for people that have phone that support USB and already have a ALDL to USB cable. I will test again soon with my tablet but last time it worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I'm wondering if I could get a USB to mini USB for my Android phone?
    It's a phone by phone case. If your phone support USB host mode, an adapter shouldn't be a problem. If your phone doesn't support USB host mode, then it won't work, adapter or not. What kind of phone do you have Mark ?

Btw I got the 1227747 ECM today from Mike (mikew) so I should be able to test 160 baud in a very near future! I would like to say a big public thank you to him as well :)

It's a phone by phone case. If your phone support USB host mode, an adapter shouldn't be a problem. If your phone doesn't support USB host mode, then it won't work, adapter or not. What kind of phone do you have Mark ?
    http://www.mycricket.com/cell-phones...discover-r740c

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I don't think this phone support USB host mode unfortunately. You can verify by download this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gnostics&hl=en

It would work fine with Bluetooth tho.

Fuel Injected!
    PROGESS!!

Finally got the 1227747 working on the bench (Thanks to Chris for helping me figure out a little wiring issue I had with the harness adapter)!

I took this picture, and I feel like such a geek :) On this pic (from left to right):

- MegaSquirt 1 CPU
    - MegaSquirt 2 CPU
    - ELM327 ODB2 to Bluetooth adapter
    - Bluetooth to RS232 configured at 9600bps (MS1)
    - Bluetooth to RS232 configured at 115200bps (MS2, MS3)
    - WiFi to RS232 (this might be useful for ALDLdroid as well as some Android head units seems to support nothing else then WiFi, but it's a pain in the ass to configure, slower data rate and more expensive (around 100$ for the adapter) so its a last resort option)
    - MegaSquirt 1 v3.0 (I just install my MS2 CPU to make it an MS2 for testing)
    - MegaSquirt 3 v3.57 with MS3X board and RTC module (same thing as I have in my car, backup ECU, currently used for testing as well.)
    - MegaStim on the MS3
    - TinyIOx (CAN board for MS2-MS3)
    - The 1227747 ECM with adapter harness and the JimStim
    - ALDL to USB connected to the harness
    - The 1227730 ECM with adapter harness
    - ALDL to Bluetooth adapter on top of the 1227730

And yes I'm using weather pack connector as a quick connect/disconnect for the ALDL connector (as I only have one). I used weather pack as this is all I had laying around, also I bought that kit that I never used (about 150$ kit with 200$ worth of crimping tools :O)

Tomorrow I will try to test ALDLdroid with the 160baud ECM :)

Fuel Injected!
    Man you've got it bad, that's a lot of stuff..... we might need to find you a 12-step program!!!!

Until then, keep up the good work!

Fuel Injected!
    Looks like I'll have to aquire an Android device since my iphone will be useless lol keep up te good work!
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    I took this picture, and I feel like such a geek :)
    If you are a geek, I afraid to ask about me ;-) This are my setups for developing "Scan9495".

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...psf1798d34.jpg

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...ps48ca38d9.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Nice setup Gary :) Maybe I could add support for those ECM at some point :)

So tonight I tried ALDLdroid with that 160 baud ECM and as expected, it didn't work. I spent like 2 hours fixing a millions thing, I feel like I'm getting somewhere but now I'm a bit stuck.

What I'm getting from the ECM is non sense:
    fe 00 fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe 00 00 00 00 fe fe fe fe 00 fe
    fe fe fe fe fe fe 00 00 00 fe 00 fe fe 00 fe 00 fe fe fe fe
    fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe 00 00 fe fe fe fe 00
    fe fe 00 fe fe 00 00 fe 00 fe fe 00 fe fe fe 00 fe 00 00 fe
    00 00 00 00 fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe fe

This is an example of 6 reads for 20 bytes of data (that should be the pay load size for $42). For some reason, I'm only getting "00" and "FE", nothing else. They are always in different order and there is never anything else. Does I'm missing something ? This ECM is unidirectional AFAIK so I cannot send it anything to tell it to send me something else then this horse s**t :D On both Bluetooth and USB, it's the same thing.

I'm never sending it anything, just reading the RX buffer and seeing that. Anyone ever wrote a 160 baud ALDL software that worked ? :) Or anyone familiar with the 160 baud ECM to help me with this ? :)

Thanks!

Fuel Injected!
    Theres some 160 baud info here. I believe from memory that he reads the port at a higher speed and treats a frame error as 0 and no error as 1 or vice versa to work around not having an interface that will do 160 baud. If the ftdi can run that slow, maybe this approach is no longer needed.

http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/aldl160/aldl160b.htm