Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Super Moderator
    i certainly recognize the 8F XDF.... the conversion factor for the overboost fuel cut/restore is actually WAY off of reality.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    So here is another video:

I added flags support as well as tables, with a 3D view... I'm not sure how I managed to finish a good chunk of the tuning section in a weekend but it somehow happened. I don't sleep much I guess :P I did borrow a bunch of stuff from other app I did so that does help.

Tables are still read only for now, but the other stuff support writing back to the BIN file

You guys are quiet, let me know what you think :)

Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    You guys are quiet, let me know what you think :)
    We are all discussing whether to ban you after giving you all this help as you tease us with a cool app and no trail versions?

Just kidding! Looking really sweet!

I now have a purpose for a smart phone! Ha! Heck my phone actually takes good enough pictures now I don't have to carry a camera. Man I was mad when I could not buy a phone without a camera years ago... dam it I just want a phone!!! Now it's a dam small computer! You have given it purpose!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    It looks really great! When can I send you money for a copy!

With the BIN editing capability that you are implementing, is it your intent to be able to directly upload a BIN via USB to the various EPROM emulators (like the ROMULATORS that I have) or EPROM/FLASH burners directly from the Android device or will the BIN file have to be transferred to another device for burning?

If you are directly uploading from the Android will it be capable of real-time editing to EPROM emulators?

Thanks for your hard work!

Fuel Injected!
    Mike, you seems to understand where I'm going with this :P Right now, the app edit a BIN file that can be transferred to another device for burning. I do realize that this is not exactly useful and nobody will want to use that feature as is. I see the tuning section in 3 big chunks of work: the XDF parser, all the UI widgets (flags, constants, 2d/3d tables) and the real time tuning (AKA sending the BIN modification over to the USB port to whatever device that would allow real time tuning). Currently, the third section is just writing to a BIN file instead because it's a ton easier to do while still allowing me to work on the first two chunks and test them. The first two chunks aren't exactly light work either but I got most of them done but they will need a ton more testing. It still happened a lot faster then I thought. I reused the 3D tables that I created for another app which originally took a while to do but that I was able to implement in this app in about 1h because of the work previously done.

Also, I would like to have a few people download the app and get some money back to buy some real time tuning stuff (Ostrich ? Auto-Prom ? whatever else) to be able to test. I already paid about 150$ for the two ALDL cables and ECM pig tail and what not just for testing and I will never use them for anything else then testing. It's a hobby and I'm having fun but I would rather not spend too much on this. Not to mention all the hours that I spent on this, I would rather not even think about this, it's pretty crazy :P

Anyway, we will see if the first version of the app will have the tuning section enabled to the users or not, but I'm sure that if it does, I will get a few pissed people because there won't be real time tuning and they will say this is non sense or something. Hell, for our MegaSquirt app, we're distributing it for FREE (we're only accepting voluntary donation and 100% of it goes to cancer research) and some people get super pissed because they found one tiny bug in the app. When we ask them to help by providing some more information to debug, they get even more pissed... I know that shouldn't stop me but I'm a bit afraid of that, I have a feeling it can just be worse if people pay for the app ? Oh well, there is some terrible people in this world, not much we can do unfortunately. :P

Btw, the app will be on Google Play once its ready. I'm still not sure on the price but it will probably be at a lower price then whatever I decide the regular price will be for the first few days for you guys to download.

(If somebody want to donate some hardware to speed up the process of anything, I'm open to that as well :P It can be ECM (a 160 baud would be nice), emulator, whatever else that is relevant)

I hope all this makes sense. :)

Fuel Injected!
    What ECM do you need?
    will a 7427 work? It's got a V8 memcal,what memcal do you need? Or do you need a V6 something? Or a pre-93 with just a prom? I've got a couple of them as well.

I screwed my phone up trying to root it,so I can't do much on it right now. But. I fully intend to download your app when i'm able. Right now i'm lucky it turns on I think.
    Last edited by Playtoy_18; 10-16-2013 at 02:42 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    All I have is a 1227730 so anything else would be great. Ideally a 160 baud would be nice so I could test that as well (because I have a feeling it doesn't work and I have no way to test). I would need a pig tail matching the ECM as well.

Fuel Injected!
    Okay,I can cover you on a 160baud computer pretty sure. I can also send a pigtail but it will be a couple days before I can get one probably.

Fuel Injected!
    Sounds good man, just PM me or something when you have it ready and we'll figure it out from there :) Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Playtoy_18 View Post
    Okay,I can cover you on a 160baud computer pretty sure. I can also send a pigtail but it will be a couple days before I can get one probably.
    Do you have both pigtails and ECM for him? I've got one on the bench here with one pigtail and one plug but have not had time to add wires for the other plug so it's still here on bench...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I can add to Playtoy_18's contribution.

I've got a 1227747 with pigtail and a memcal or two, if you'd like. PM me your shipping address.

Really you are developing two applications; a realtime dashboard/data logger and a BIN editor. Selling the BIN editor as a supplement to the dashboard/data logger (or even a stand alone app) might make sense. Maybe as a keycode to enable the BIN editor functionality if bundled with the dashboard/data logger.

Fuel Injected!
    I thought about it but the problem is that it make everything more complicated on my side. I would probably have to come up with some sort of upgrade situation for people that got the logger app only and decide they want the full app at some point. It can all be done, but I would rather spend time making the app better with awesome features then spending time thinking/coding all this registration/upgrade/whatever crap :) Also, I feel like the price will be more then fair so chucking an extra 5$ even if you end up not using real time tuning isn't too bad IMO. Consider it as a donation for buying test hardware or something :D

I want the absolute max price of the app to be 19.99$ but it might end up being less, we'll see. I feel like even at that price, it is more then fair for the crazy amount of work needed to make this happen. I do realize most apps sell for a lot less but being so specific and the amount of work hopefully justify the price :)

To be honest I just want an app that logs (in XDL format), if I'm going to tune, I'll grab the laptop.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    XDL format ????? Oh noes... I'm logging in CSV right now... Is it a binary format ? Any specifications anywhere ?

Chris, I understand and that's probably the case of most people. I do believe that once you start playing with it, you might start making some modifications to your tune with a phone/tablet as well tho, we'll see, you could be surprised. :)

Also, as retarded as it may sound, I'm doing the tuning stuff as a personal challenge as well, although I'm sure it will be useful to a bunch of people at some point :)

XDL is the native format that TunerPRo RT data logs in. After that you can export it as CSV... but I'm not sure you can import CSV to TunerPRo? If not the log is worthless... well as far as using it again in TP!

-= =-