Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
Brainstormed about the ADX support tonight. It's a bit more of a pain in the ass then I was hoping :P It's similar to ADS but sort of different at the same time. What I'm thinking to do is just use the data that I need from the ADX file to fill the data structure that I'm currently using for ADS. Is there any point to support "monitor" or "listview" or "histogram" ? I mean, I already have those widgets, or will have them at some point anyway and everything get saved to a much more flexible dashboard file. There is also some stuff that doesn't really apply to android like the position of the widget on the dashboard. I can somehow try to convert them but with different screen ratio and stuff, it will probably end up looking like a mess. So I'm thinking about parsing ADX files just for the ECU data length, all the values, bit masks, that kind of stuff (everything that is in the ADS really, that's all I need)... I can probably add support for more stuff as needed... does that make sense ?
I think so?

Just opened TunerPro RT and then looked at my Android phone. There's a lot in TP on a PC that won't be needed with TP on an Android, even less on a phone. The entire data log file will have to be able to be saved and emailed. But since you have basically a dashboard you can pick and choose what you want to see and use, I think what needs to be supported is anything in Values or Bitmasks!

History tables aren't going to be much help on a phone... monitors would be to small to find trends or glitches... your making dash boards... have to be able to read codes that are set or switches on or off.

I'm still wondering what I would do with this? It's a cool toy, but for tuning? I'd just need my laptop! That said for personal use I could do a data log without the laptop and email it for later review. The ability to reflect the phone off windsheild as a second dashboard at night is a cool feature.

Now what excites me is the GPS functions, (Latitude, longitude, azimuth, bearing, altitude, accel x/y/z axis)! If this is in same data log then we could probably make history tables, graphs etc... and have a way to time! Like a dyno or 1/4 mile run! That adds a whole new demention to data logs from TP!

One thing I just thought of and thought I'd pass it on in hopes of helping... while comparing TP on my laptop and TP on my phone is your doing all this work on a.... whatever that thing is? A tablet? In all reality all these options and adjustments need to be done on a much smaller scale for the cell phone.

If you want testing done on android phone I have one. Would need to be able to load the $42 ADX. Which brings up another issue... maybe. This ECM is 160 Baud and I think your working with 8192 Baud.

HTH!