Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator
    quite a fast development cycle..... i couldn't even manage the tutorial programs without ripping out hair.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Right now he's mostly just playing with appearance and a few other things, until he gets his bench test set-up, well, set-up.

If I had an android device (I'm looking) I would be testing this for him, but unfortunately, I have no money for a device. :(
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey guys, I'm the one developing this! I'm 91z24 on v6z24 and 90BlueZ on 60degreev6, and 3400tZ around here... such a terrible idea to have usernames based on the car I own since I had quite a few Z :P

Robert, I'm glad some people are realizing the amount of work required to do this, not everybody does :) I could say the same with ripping hair out for the work you're doing on the firmware side tho :) I'm more into higher level type of programming. I'm really having fun with Android lately.

Chris, if you have an ostrich for sale, you might end up with enough money for an Android device :P I would like to add real-time tuning to the app at some point but it will be a while.

As Chris said, the value displayed on the dashboard are currently just random garbage until I get the ECU comms working. I should receive all the stuff I need for my bench test late next week and will have everything working soon after that I hope. It is the most important part of the app really, so I have to focus on it very soon as most of the other stuff is usable for a first version.

Super Moderator
    i can't really do higher level languages at all(yet).... i can get arduino code to work out, but beyond that i'm lost.

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah, it's totally different! I'm too used to high level stuff now that when I get into low level stuff, even Arduino, I felt like I had to code everything from scratch and I got fed up. I had a similar project (as ALDLdroid) for MegaSquirt but Arduino based, but I felt like it was a waste of time as I could do the same so much more easily and with a much more powerful result on Android.

Robert, do you have an Android device ready to test this thing ? :)

Super Moderator
    i have what is left of my wife's tablet.... killed the screen and touch sensor after a fall, but the HDMI output likely still works. if only i had something that would accept HDMI natively....

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Hey guys, I'm the one developing this! I'm 91z24 on v6z24 and 90BlueZ on 60degreev6, and 3400tZ around here... such a terrible idea to have usernames based on the car I own since I had quite a few Z :P

Robert, I'm glad some people are realizing the amount of work required to do this, not everybody does :) I could say the same with ripping hair out for the work you're doing on the firmware side tho :) I'm more into higher level type of programming. I'm really having fun with Android lately.

Chris, if you have an ostrich for sale, you might end up with enough money for an Android device :P I would like to add real-time tuning to the app at some point but it will be a while.

As Chris said, the value displayed on the dashboard are currently just random garbage until I get the ECU comms working. I should receive all the stuff I need for my bench test late next week and will have everything working soon after that I hope. It is the most important part of the app really, so I have to focus on it very soon as most of the other stuff is usable for a first version.
    Hey Seb, ill trade you my Fox for your Z, sound good?

LOL welcome!
    '86 Grand National

Not sure what your long term plans are... but I have an Android and a Innovate OT2 with Bluetooth. Only has an app for iPhone though.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Joe, sure lets do this so I can register on another forum as 87Fox....

Mark, not sure what you mean ? You would like support for that in the app ? I'm not too familiar with the OT2 but that's for ODB2, isn't it ?

Fuel Injected!
    what are you planning to use for data cable and transmission.one of our forum guys has had aldl being sent via wifi using an old router as an aldl cable and comms unit as well as logging and as track telemtry device
    http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtop...5&hilit=router
    Last edited by delcowizzid; 09-23-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Any new screen shots?

How is the 160 baud stuff going?

Fuel Injected!
    No new screenshot and no progress on the 160 baud stuff I'm afraid :/

Might have some time to work on the app tomorrow, we'll see!

Fuel Injected!
    The FTDI chips do have an asynchronous bit-bang mode:
    http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Docu...and_Ft245R.pdf

Even thinking about trying to implement something like that would make my head explode... I'd just use the bluetooth adapter and be done with it!

Keep up the good work, and don't explode your head!

Electronic Ignition!
    OK, I got my bluetooth adapter from RedDevil , it connects fine to my S3.
    I get a bunch of X'es across the display and I'm showing "connected " at the top left.
    No readout on anything (including tach). Like I said before I'm getting data out of a hardwired cable to Win ALDL.
    Oh I also updated to the $42 that you suggested. The 1227747 that I'm using was originally out of a 4.3 GM V6.
    Any ideas?

You probably need to assign each gauge to a function. Try setting up each gauge for your application.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.