Page 30 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    Awesome :)

Fuel Injected!
    I've got two "feature" requests.

1: On the gauge faces, move the digital display to below the needles pivot point. I usually scale my gauges so that the needle is right in the middle of the gauge under normal conditions, because of that the needle obscures the digital display on the gauge face.

2: Add a "mark" feature to the log. On my Arduino loggers I put a button that would record a value in the log when pressed. It's purpose was so that when I had intermittent issues I could press the button when they happened so that I could later find that spot in the log. Things like the transition from cold to warm running always seems to cause me problems.

Finally got off my butt and wrote a review at the Google Play Store.

Fuel Injected!
    Mike, those two suggestions seems reasonable. :) Now, I wouldn't mind your input on how you would implement them.

1. For this, maybe adding a spinner (drop down) in the edit gauge dialog with a few predefined angles would be enough ?

2. I have that in my other apps so why not in this one as well :) Where would you think the Mark button should be ? Double tap the dashboard would have been cool but that's already used to enter edit mode :/ I guess TunerPro has that feature ? Do you have a CSV file of a log with a "mark" line so I can see what it looks like (otherwise I can figure out how to do it on my side I guess) ?

Thanks, good suggestions :)

Oh and thanks for the review, that's a very nice one!

Super Moderator
    not that i'm up to date on how easy it would be, but no TP doesn't support that kind of function.

not sure how one should activate the function, but perhaps turning on the microphone for about 5(or x) seconds after entering to allow a really quick audio clip to be captured for notes?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    1: Hadn't considerer the location of the digits on the gauge to be configurable. Looking at my cars, the odometer (the only digits I have on gauge faces) are all under the needle pivot.

2: The way I implemented marking was to set an unused bit in one of the malfunction flag bytes, set it like the ECU would set a malfunction. I was logging the complete raw ALDL stream to a CSV (which would be a nice option with ALDLdroid too). So maybe define a "malfunction" for marking in the ADX file and have a display "type" of "toggle" that you could put on your dashboard and a single tap would toggle it on or off and set or clear the bit.

Fuel Injected!
    While we are on the subject, I have seen many DM log files with errors. Haven't looked at enough TP log files yet to notice if that is true there also. As you know, DM logs the original data stream instead of the parsed values (which I prefer). What happens when you get a bad checksum now? Is the data stream ignored and discarded? There would be a great temptation to put it in the log file with the errors unless it is gone. At some users' requests, I had to modify my app to allow the user to ignore errors in the DM .uni file if he really, really wanted to view it even with the errors.
    Not only that but some folks real want to use Excel or an equivalent to analyze their logs, and having the data stream in the log file instead of the parsed values, prevents that.

Fuel Injected!
    Mike:

1. The issue is that your car is that way but somebody else car is some other way. I will have to add a config somewhere otherwise someone will ask me to change them to some other angle, I'm pretty sure :)

2. Single tap could work. In the current CSV file, would you see the MARK as a new line or a column (maybe boolean... showing 1 on MARK rows).

Gary, currently a read is dropped from both being displayed on the dashboard and data log if the checksum don't match. I don't want to display garbage and I don't want to log garbage either :)

Lines chart works sooo much better then Excel for data log viewing but maybe that's just me :P

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Mike:
    Lines chart works sooo much better then Excel for data log viewing but maybe that's just me :P
    LOL, you do realize that Excel has line charts also, right ;-) As well as many other formats.

Scan9495 from Datamaster Uni file.jpg

Fuel Injected!
    Of course, sorry wrong wording :P Still, I don't think you can scroll in them or anything. I've used them in the past for that exact purpose but now I wouldn't trade MegaLogViewer for anything :)

Fuel Injected!
    My '59 has a "cubby hole" next to the steering wheel that is the perfect size for my Android tablet with ALDLdroid, pretty handy!

ALDLdroid 2.jpg

Fuel Injected!
    I love these pics, looks awesome man!

Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    I love these pics, looks awesome man!
    ^^ X2!

Need more pics of car now?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Here's a couple of pics:

The first two are at http://www.hallettracing.net a local 1.8 mile road course.

The third shows the dash. The thing with the green LCD display hanging under the dash is a home-made MP3 player from long ago and no longer installed.

The fourth is the 4.2l Jaguar XK motor showing the two SU 2" HD8 carbs before fuel injection.

The fifth is a pic of the adapters I machined to hold a 72# injector each.

The sixth show the adapter mounted to the carb body converting it to throttle body injection.

The seventh pic shows an embarrassingly filthy engine bay post injection conversion. You can see throttle bodies on the left and the coli packs on the firewall.

1959 Jaguar (1).jpg1959 Jaguar (2).jpg1959 Jaguar (3).jpg1959 Jaguar (4).jpg1959 Jaguar (5).jpg1959 Jaguar (6).jpg1959 Jaguar (7).jpg

Fuel Injected!
    Those side-draft carbs and the aluminum cam covers remind me of my old 190SL. Nice work!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    Here's a couple of pics:

The first two are at http://www.hallettracing.net a local 1.8 mile road course.

The third shows the dash. The thing with the green LCD display hanging under the dash is a home-made MP3 player from long ago and no longer installed.

The fourth is the 4.2l Jaguar XK motor showing the two SU 2" HD8 carbs before fuel injection.

The fifth is a pic of the adapters I machined to hold a 72# injector each.

The sixth show the adapter mounted to the carb body converting it to throttle body injection.

The seventh pic shows an embarrassingly filthy engine bay post injection conversion. You can see throttle bodies on the left and the coli packs on the firewall.

1959 Jaguar (1).jpg1959 Jaguar (2).jpg1959 Jaguar (3).jpg1959 Jaguar (4).jpg1959 Jaguar (5).jpg1959 Jaguar (6).jpg1959 Jaguar (7).jpg
    Now that's an awesome retro EFI swap!
    '86 Grand National