Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

It's notthat nobody cares, it's just that so much work has gone into the new format, and ADXs created in the new format, and will be the only supported format for the foreseeable future it just makes more sense to support that format, over one that is no longer being used by the majority, if you had to choose between one or the other. It would be great if you could support both though. :)

Another reason why I think ADX support will be so important is that Tuner Pro V5, has many more featires that allow for a wider variety of ECMs and applications, due to plug ins and other built in features that use ADX, will only mean a broader clientel that would be interested in using this.

I still haven't come up with a more fitting name yet.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah, that's what I meant, I thought that some people were still using ADS files but I guess with TunerPro V5, you have to convert them anyway. So TunerPro itself doesn't even support ADS anymore really. I will see if I realize its too much of a pain in the ass, I will just support ADX but I will try to do both.

Fuel Injected!
    Tonight turned out to be a night of polishing a bunch of stuff to make the app more user friendly. Currently, when tapping "Connect to ECU", if for some reason the app cannot make sense of the data, beside Connected at the top of the dashboard, "Incorrect response length" will appear. Otherwise, it's also possible to see "Checksum mismatch" because I validate the checksum and make sure the dashboard is displaying only good data (same for data log). For some reason, it seems like I cannot get data from the ECM right away all the time, sometime I get it almost right away, some time you will see "Incorrect response length" and/or "Checksum mismatch" for a few seconds until the app is able to make sense of the data. Not sure if that is something I can fix or not but TunerPro seems to be having a somewhat similar issue so it could easily well be on the ECM side.

Btw, Is 8.9 reads per second any good ?

Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah, that's an average read rate.

You'll likely find that it will be due to the code being used whether it will connect easily or not.

There are some codes that are known to be more flaky than others. Some, like $58 have a patch to make connection easier, and also possible while using an Autoprom, I found that one out the hard way... $59 has the patch installed as a base, along with a few other patches. ;) I can verify this more once I get a compatible device. ;)
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Super Moderator
    8.9 isn't bad at all. with a typical datastream size of 63 + header + checksum, i've logged an average of 10.6Hz on my laptop IF i don't have the monitors tab open or anything else requiring a lot of processing time.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    So you guys confirmed that I'm not doing too bad, that's good :) I didn't test totally removing the delay I'm adding between write (I think I was at 15ms), removing it would probably bring the RPS ~10 I would say.

I'm testing with $8F btw

Fuel Injected!
    No freaking cable, this is Bluetooth! Works great (once I fixed my brain fart in the code :P) Reads / sec is a bit lower at around 6.5 but I was excepting that. TunerPro is around the same but for some reason the gauges are dropping to zero every few seconds. So far its been pretty solid with ALDLdroid, so that's good :) YAY!

There's a possible solution to the gauges dropping to zero. It's detailed on the Tuner Pro forums, and I know Mark knows exactly what it is that is added to the ADX. I want to say it's a delay to waiting for response from the ECM but I don't recall exactly.

Fuel Injected!
    I did add this thing:

<ADXCLISTENSILENCE id="M1M0pause" idhash="0x5EF379D0" title="Mode 1 Message 0 Pause">
    <desc>Wait on packet drop</desc>
    <silencelen>200</silencelen>
    <totaltimeout>250</totaltimeout>
    </ADXCLISTENSILENCE>

This is the latest values I used, which are probably way too high but I tried everything in between as well :|

Fuel Injected!
    Anddd, I just added support for other commands defined in the ADS file (someone should tell me I need to support ADX files :P) such as clear trouble codes... Cleaned up some code in the process. That's enough for tonight =)

I'll do it...

You need to support ADX files...

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    I'll do it...

You need to support ADX files...
    X2! ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    I did add this thing:

<ADXCLISTENSILENCE id="M1M0pause" idhash="0x5EF379D0" title="Mode 1 Message 0 Pause">
    <desc>Wait on packet drop</desc>
    <silencelen>200</silencelen>
    <totaltimeout>250</totaltimeout>
    </ADXCLISTENSILENCE>

This is the latest values I used, which are probably way too high but I tried everything in between as well :|
    Since your using $8F.. which is not widely used! And it's an ADS file the fix was probably never done!

What your doing with silence commands may work? But it also may screw up some other ADX files?

The fix for all working ADS files converted to ADX when TunerPro V5 cam out was to add "1" to body size. So why not try that first?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I was adding this to an ADX file obviously, not ADS :P

I didn't try to add 1 to body size yet but I will try that for sure :) thx!

Fuel Injected!
    Well by the time this is release I will have stolen my wife's kindle fire. Nice work!
    '86 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    I was adding this to an ADX file obviously, not ADS :P

I didn't try to add 1 to body size yet but I will try that for sure :) thx!
    Here's the link to pause and extra byte to body size from WAY BACK THEN...

Glad we got you going on ADX!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-