Thread: ALDLdroid

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!
    Hi,

I have a 1995 Caprice and have used this app for a couple of days. First I must say Thank You for creating this great app!

I have tried several adx-files. The latest is attached. It's a v 3.8 $EE which I found online, but I added a new feature as someone here suggested; now it gets both engine and trans data by switching between the two all the time. Earlier it would only fetch engine data (I added the macro "transmitdatama" and called it in
    <monitorcmd>).

Now the monitoring works like a charm, but I have two minor problems considering the data logging. I already e-mailed these same things to the author, but decided to write here too, since there probably would be people with the same ecu.

First, the datalog always has an additional column in data, but not in headers (see the attachment), which offsets all data series after it by one. So if I want to see for example rpm, I must choose the item after it in data series. The easiest way around this is to edit the log file and write an additional zero at the beginning, so there just appears "none" as a first item in data series, and everything else works.

The other problem is that there are very many items that give "Ok" or "big power" etc instead of any numeral value, and I can't get any of these to show when looking at the logs. I tried to edit those in adx to get 0 or 1(not in the attached one), but then the app says there was error parsing the adx, AND for some reason the datalog still gets those text strings. What to do for those?

Thank you!

Edit: couldn't upload the log file..
    Last edited by andy caprice; 08-22-2015 at 11:01 AM.