Page 1 of 76 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

ALDLdroid

This is an app for Android that a guy is making. I know him from another forum. The funny thing is, he doesn't even use a Delco ECM, he uses a Mega Squirt, and saw something like this for that system, and decided to make one for the Delco crowd.

It looks pretty good, and he's wanting to implement datalogging both through a wired connection and through BT. I know he bought a BT cable from one of our very own to test the BT connection. He's making a bench test set-up as we speak to test this.

Anyway, here's the video:

If anyone is selling an Android device, let me know, I need to replace my iPhone. ;) lol
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I just bought an Android yesterday... the batt in my brick finally died...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    YES!

Isnt the kindle fire, android based as well?
    '86 Grand National

Sweet. Definately cool.
    Now to find a way to mount a tablet in my dash...lol
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Latest update to the appearance:

The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

And another aesthetic update:

I've been told I need to update this thread. lol

Looking good.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Super Moderator
    quite a fast development cycle..... i couldn't even manage the tutorial programs without ripping out hair.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Right now he's mostly just playing with appearance and a few other things, until he gets his bench test set-up, well, set-up.

If I had an android device (I'm looking) I would be testing this for him, but unfortunately, I have no money for a device. :(

Fuel Injected!
    Hey guys, I'm the one developing this! I'm 91z24 on v6z24 and 90BlueZ on 60degreev6, and 3400tZ around here... such a terrible idea to have usernames based on the car I own since I had quite a few Z :P

Robert, I'm glad some people are realizing the amount of work required to do this, not everybody does :) I could say the same with ripping hair out for the work you're doing on the firmware side tho :) I'm more into higher level type of programming. I'm really having fun with Android lately.

Chris, if you have an ostrich for sale, you might end up with enough money for an Android device :P I would like to add real-time tuning to the app at some point but it will be a while.

As Chris said, the value displayed on the dashboard are currently just random garbage until I get the ECU comms working. I should receive all the stuff I need for my bench test late next week and will have everything working soon after that I hope. It is the most important part of the app really, so I have to focus on it very soon as most of the other stuff is usable for a first version.

Super Moderator
    i can't really do higher level languages at all(yet).... i can get arduino code to work out, but beyond that i'm lost.

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah, it's totally different! I'm too used to high level stuff now that when I get into low level stuff, even Arduino, I felt like I had to code everything from scratch and I got fed up. I had a similar project (as ALDLdroid) for MegaSquirt but Arduino based, but I felt like it was a waste of time as I could do the same so much more easily and with a much more powerful result on Android.

Robert, do you have an Android device ready to test this thing ? :)

Super Moderator
    i have what is left of my wife's tablet.... killed the screen and touch sensor after a fall, but the HDMI output likely still works. if only i had something that would accept HDMI natively....

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Hey guys, I'm the one developing this! I'm 91z24 on v6z24 and 90BlueZ on 60degreev6, and 3400tZ around here... such a terrible idea to have usernames based on the car I own since I had quite a few Z :P

Robert, I'm glad some people are realizing the amount of work required to do this, not everybody does :) I could say the same with ripping hair out for the work you're doing on the firmware side tho :) I'm more into higher level type of programming. I'm really having fun with Android lately.

Chris, if you have an ostrich for sale, you might end up with enough money for an Android device :P I would like to add real-time tuning to the app at some point but it will be a while.

As Chris said, the value displayed on the dashboard are currently just random garbage until I get the ECU comms working. I should receive all the stuff I need for my bench test late next week and will have everything working soon after that I hope. It is the most important part of the app really, so I have to focus on it very soon as most of the other stuff is usable for a first version.
    Hey Seb, ill trade you my Fox for your Z, sound good?

LOL welcome!
    '86 Grand National