Page 29 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    I'm a bit confused by your post... You mean you bought a ALDL to serial cable instead of ALDL to USB ? Now your option are buying an FTDI USB to serial adapter, that would probably work or if you want the setup to be cleaner, just buy an ALDL to USB cable like the one Timm sells (www.reddevilriver.com).

Fuel Injected!
    Give the supplier a call and see if you can return it and swap it for a USB type. I suspect this happens a lot.

Fuel Injected!
    I've just released 0.26. It fixes one crash reported on 0.25.

There was another crash report that I don't have enough information to fix. Whoever is using a M470BSA tablet running Android 4.2 and trying to use Bluetooth, I will need more info from you to be able to debug. Contact me in this thread, or PM, or email or whatever and I will see what I can do.

Thx

Fuel Injected!
    Hey I got an M470BSA! It's a Hisense Sero 7 Pro.

Got those two crashes (had a few more that are identical that I didn't send) while driving along and minding my own business. It was weird, it seem like the crash was related to the motor coming back to idle, no problem roaring down the road. So I am assuming some value being sent from the ECU made ALDLdroid unhappy. Hadn't had this issue with previous versions.

We got about 1/2" of ice last night so won't be out doing a test drive anytime soon!

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Mike, sounds like it was you then :) So it connect, works for a while and randomly crash at some point ? I thought it was a crash at every connection... I will see what I can do, I doubt anything changed in the latest version to cause this. The exception is "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: invalid offset or length". It's like the tablet is telling the app there is bytes in the receive buffer (using .available() function), but when I try to read them (using .read() function), they are not there... Might be a bug in the Bluetooth stack implementation on your device, but I will see if I'm able to work around it...

Fuel Injected!
    Ya, it was kinda weird. Never had this issue before but it was fairly repeatable but doing a hard acceleration and then quickly letting off the throttle. That was the only time it would do it, like ALDLdroid received a value in the stream that it didn't like.

Once the weather clears should I try a different ADX file, just for fun?

Fuel Injected! TheApocalyptican's Avatar
    Just purchased. Looks good, and works well so far on my Nook HD+ running CM10.1. One question: any way to playback a log in the app?
    '90 Suburban w/ pretty much stock 350 TBI, 7427 ECM Conversion, sadly sold several years ago
    '95 K2500 Suburban w/ soon to be 400HP 454

Fuel Injected!
    Awesome! There is currently no way to playback a log file within the app, it's actually quite a bit of work. Might happen eventually tho :)

Out of curiosity, which code mask are you running ?

Fuel Injected! TheApocalyptican's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Awesome! There is currently no way to playback a log file within the app, it's actually quite a bit of work. Might happen eventually tho :)

Out of curiosity, which code mask are you running ?
    I'm running $0D on my 7427. Count me as someone who would like to see in app log playback, but I understand if it doesn't come to fruition, as you've already done a lot of work to make an app that I've been hoping to see for a while now. I've been checking every couple of months to see if anyone had come up with an app, and not ever seeing one. Then last week I happened to look again, and found yours. Thanks!
    '90 Suburban w/ pretty much stock 350 TBI, 7427 ECM Conversion, sadly sold several years ago
    '95 K2500 Suburban w/ soon to be 400HP 454

Fuel Injected!
    I just purchased this and have tested with OSE 12P on an aussie '808 in my project car. It worked perfectly straight up with a non-echo FTDI installed in the pcm and just a micro-usb adaptor on my phone to regular usb A -> usb B cable. This was on my galaxy S4. Good stuff! :) Will be able to test against other aussie cars in the future when I get the chance.
    Last edited by antus; 12-27-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    antus: Awesome! Let me know if you run into any issue with other cars but glad it works great for you so far!

Mike, I finally found the issue you reported. I switched to my tablet for some testing and got a random crash. I looked at the stack trace and sure enough, it was the same as yours. It happened every mins or so so I added some debug and was able to figure it out. So I cleaned up some more stuff, fixed a few bugs and uploaded 0.27 on Play. Give that version a go and it should be all good!

I am surprises there is only one review for your app ;)
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    Actually, I see two, yours and another :)

Anobody else that feels like writing something, please go ahead *wink* *wink* :D

Cool there are 2 now! Awesome
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    3400tZ,

Disregard that last error report I sent, I thought my tablet had already downloaded the latest update but had not.

Updated and now no more issues!

Keep up the good work!!!