Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    Just checked and it is indeed binary. Not sure if it supports adding extra fields (like Android sensors). I might have to talk to Mark about that one (although he doesn't seems to be replying to me email lately, or just being busy maybe ?)

So the TunerPro log viewer is just playback ? I'm wondering how that can be useful ? I like to see curves of the data and stuff... What an XDL file has over a CSV format that you would open with MegaLogViewer for example ? Just curious :)

Fuel Injected!
    Ok anyway, I will reverse engineer XDL files, that shouldn't be too hard. This is different then ADS vs ADX as both XDL and CSV will live together (only CSV will have the Android sensors). XDL file seems to be tied to an ADX file so I doubt I can add any other data then what is in the ADX.

Anyway, today progress included getting the table write mode working. So now I'm able to edit table cell values :D

And here is some other screenshots of tables just for fun:

I'm thinking there should be a way to add the Android sensors into the XDL file created in the app. It may require setting the ADX up in Tuner Pro, so that once it's imported to the app all of the variables will be there. At the very least the Android sensors would need to be defined in the ADX used in Tuner pro for play back.

CSV is ok, but sometimes watching a live playback will show what's happening in a visual sense without need to create graphs in Excel. Honestly, I hardly use Excel, because it can be annoying to create those graphs in a way that I want them formatted. It always seems to take me hours to make a simple graph. *shrug*

Having this app create an XDL file will, or at least should allow it to be played back in Tuner Pro. The extra sensors should be able to be shown as well, since they will be a art of the file and the ADX is there to decipher it and display it, I would liken it to how the XDF works with a binary.

The other great thing about live playback using an XDL file is the data tracing that is possible in Tuner pro to watch the bubble move around tables to see exactly what data is being used by the ECM at that time and what would would need to be changed.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I have yet5 to read past page 4.. but where can i buy this app? I have been wanting an andorid ALDL app for my ZR-1 (1990) for some time now

I am willing to try it/ test for you as well

Fuel Injected!
    I have built 350 in a rock crawler that gets beat on a lot,hard to have a lap top in the rig with this kind of banging around.This is however when I most often have tunning problems and I always have my galaxy3 with me.This with the Bluetooth or cable would be perfect to watch things while they are happening.I look forward to playing with this app, I think it will truly help getting my tunes dialed in.

Fuel Injected!
    Chris, yeah I thought about that, maybe the ADX file could have some special ADX values that would have specific ID that ALDLdroid would know about to use to fill with the Android sensors data. I will have to check that, might be able to do something although it's not the cleanest solution in the world, we might not have another choice really.

Jeff, it's not available yet but will be soon-ish so keep reading this thread for updates if you're interested :)

mdj, Sounds awesome, sounds like the app could be useful for you for sure :)

You can add to ADX values through AD ports of AutoProm to end up in datalog!

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...up-in-TunerPro!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

3400tz,

I just thought of something that you may or may not be looking at in your coding..

I use tunerpro on my 1990 ZR-1, in the initial connection I have to send a batch of messages to get the CCM and EBCM to silence prior to sending/receiving data. I am hoping you are adding the functionality to your Android code, Also on exit of the log it does the reverse and removes the silence..

if oyu needd to look at my ADX you can find it here

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...=2675#post2675

but this is something that some of us will need to keep everything connected and logging correctly..

I think I am at page 6 now :)

Fuel Injected!
    Mark, awesome, you're right, I can probably apply something very similar.

Jeff, I didn't know about the "connectcmd" thing in ADX file so the app currently doesn't support that yet. It doesn't seems too hard to support at all tho, so I will take a look at it in a near future! That's a lot of juggling you have to do to get that ECM to connect tho :O

Btw, mikew sent me a 160 baud ECM today (AWESOME!). I guess I will receive it in 2 weeks or something. I ordered a bunch of DB37 connectors to build test harness if I end up getting more ECM as well.

You'll have to get those connection commands for the Lt4 corvette and all LT1 cars... may be more and also needed if it will ever do OBDII ADX files.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah the connectcmd thing is to silence chatter. Its not really needed for on bench comms, but in car, depending on the car, the aldl bus can get pretty busy between the bcm, abs, radio, dash, etc etc. Theres some scope traces of the typical data on the bus on the aussie VT commodores that might help you here. The trick is getting the disable chatter in the gap. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtop...p=27761#p27761

I need to check my USB cable and if it is FTDI I can test the connectcmd for you when you get that far, otherwise I will order the Bluetooth device. My car has the PITA connection routine

to add.. connectcmd I have in the posted ADX works perfect on my Corvette and it should be the same for the obd1 Lt1 cars as well

Fuel Injected!
    Yep, if the app follow the ADX file like TunerPro, there is no reason for ECM that work with TunerPro to not work with ALDLdroid really :D

will this also be Portrait and Landscape capable?