Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    Finally found where to select the com port in TunerPro (why it is so deep in the configuration ?). After selecting the right port and clicking test for valid interface, I get "Cable not found or not functionning (tested at 8192 baud)", damn it! Probably wrong wiring for the ALDL stuff (see post above) ?

Fuel Injected!
    Interesting app. Any possibility for an iphone or windows phone version? ;)

Super Moderator
    assuming you have the drivers loaded/installed for the cable, if you have the correct ADX, try it, you may have a solid connection and the test fails. if not, new drivers or new ECM.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by buddrow View Post
    Interesting app. Any possibility for an iphone or windows phone version? ;)
    Nope, iOS is WAY too limited (No bluetooth, no USB, only WiFi meaning expensive adapter and slow data rate) and developing in Objective-C is not something I enjoy at all. Developing for windows, I do that all day at work so no go either. Android is such a powerful platform and so much fun to develop on and you end up with good apps, and the Android devices are cheap, so its a no brainer :)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    assuming you have the drivers loaded/installed for the cable, if you have the correct ADX, try it, you may have a solid connection and the test fails. if not, new drivers or new ECM.
    Yeah, drivers are fine (and I do see the com port in "Manage devices"). Correct XDF as well. Cannot connecting at all. I'm thinking bad wiring for the ALDL connector but I thought what I did was correct, can someone confirm please ? :D

Super Moderator
    you say XDF, but what about ADX?

assuming you're playing with a 1227730:

i don't know the pinouts of the jimstim, but i'll assume it's correct.
    A9 is correct for 8192 comms
    E12 is correct for the diagnostic select.

for the cable test, i believe you're not supposed to have the vehicle-side connector plugged in, especially with a powered-up module, otherwise the test fails.

if the test still fails when unplugged, then the drivers need swapped around. certain versions seem to not like certain date codes of the FT232RL ICs, and to complicate that further, i've found a few situations where the laptop being used seems to effect driver selection as well.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    I meant ADX, not XDF sorry :P

I did the cable test with it not hooked up to the car side ALDL and I got Cable functional (It's really not obvious that the cable shouldn't be connected ).

So that part is working... Something is definitely wrong with my wiring... For Pin A, it's grounded (Pin 9 of JimStim is just a ground).

That was some progress, thanks Robert :)

Not sure what to try next, I need to check some more wiring diagram I guess

Fuel Injected!
    Nevermind, as I reconnected the car side of the ALDL cable and tried to connect again, it worked!

All is well! Awesome, thanks guy!

Ready for the fun part! Comms code on the Android side :)

Fuel Injected!
    I'm too brain dead to do any coding tonight, I just added a 12V pin to the ALDL connector so the bluetooth module is feeded automatically.

Bench test with my 10" tablet :)
    Ys43N0j.jpg

Dashboard in edit mode, where you can customize the dashboard quite a bit.

eDeXGma.jpg

I'm hoping to have real values displayed from the ECM on the Android device screen sometime next week...

Fuel Injected!
    Here is an updated video. Sorry I realized after that I was holding my phone in the wrong orientation. Video is shit but should give you an idea of progress (see video on the first post that was just a week ago to compare :))
    Now at around ~10600 lines of code, this is getting serious

Looking good.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Will it be able to handle any OBDI ADX file?

There is already a OBDII ADX file as well...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I've got a rooted SIII and usb aldl cables,if it will let me read pids as easily as my bluetooth/torque/obdii than I would very likely pay around that price just to have another easy diag option for on the fly.Keep it up,great job so far looks like.

Fuel Injected!
    Currently, it's ADS file. I have ADX file support pretty high on my TODO list now (already got the parser written).

ODB2 would require a bit more work but it can definitely happen. I even have a ELM327 bluetooth adapter and a few random ODBII ECU laying around :P Won't be for a little while tho.

I'm still fighting with Bluetooth, I got my adapter somewhat working in TunerPro but it's very unstable. Still talking with Mark (TunerPro) and Timm (Red Devil River) to figure it out. They are both super useful so it shouldn't be too long. I would like it to work properly with TunerPro before I start playing with it with ALDLdroid.

Here is what I spent literally all night working on. There is more important stuff to do right now but I felt like working on that night... Oh well, that's one less thing on the TODO list :) It's all Android sensors (Latitude, longitude, azimuth, bearing, altitude, accel x/y/z axis) that can be both indicators on the dashboard as well as logged into data log files. The app now generate data log files just fine :) Definitely usable with USB even if some stuff is a bit rough around the edges.
    L3VNeVF.jpg

Very cool improvements you did tonight! Especially if they can be in same data log with TunerPro!

But I'm curious why your working with an ADS file? They were changed to ADX over 2 years ago?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Of course, its just extra columns in the data log!

I started with ADS as this is what I know existed. Last time I tuned a car using TunerPro was 5 years ago. I started the ADS parser as pretty much the first thing in the app and didn't realize ADX existed. We will see if I completly drop ADS support or add support for both. Seems like nobody cares about ADS :|