Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    By graphs you mean histogram ? And I'm not sure what you mean by area mode vs line mode..
    Correct.
    Area mode is what Excel calls it. You may call it fill mode. It took a lot more resources on a pc to create them using area/fill mode rather then a simple line.
    This screenshot shows area mode on the left and line mode on the right.

Area-versus-line.png

Fuel Injected!
    Oh, I see now! Honestly, I haven't tested both but area mode looks much better IMO. I think the main problem with histogram is that they have to be redrawn every ECU read, no matter that the value is different or not from last time. That's a customization option I could offer at some point tho, I think it would be more for esthetic reason than performance tho.

Aldldroid

Hi,anyone using this app on a phone/tablet,I have bought this software for my ASUS memopad and I would like to connect to my ecm to datalog.Trouble is my tablet doesnt connect via usb and the only way is bluetooth,anybody done it yet.

Also anyone done it through an Iphone 4.

cheers Ian..

Electronic Ignition!
    No luck getting data out yet. Updated the $42 as you suggested and upgraded to the latest ver too.
    I am using a proven ALDL to usb (that I can see data on winALDL) to a usb barrel to a micro usb adapter.
    Once I get the wired version going I will attempt to use a USB>serial>bluetooth adapter.
    The application is a Jeep 4.2 converted to fuel injection using a 1227747 ECU.
    More questions to come!
    Thanks!
    J.B.
    Last edited by jbxx; 01-08-2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: speeling

Fuel Injected!
    Ian, I've just replied to your email but here is the info for future reference for people that might end up in this thread. You can get this adapter http://www.reddevilriver.com/ALDL_Bluetooth.php. It has been used to develop the Bluetooth portion of the app, and this is what I use all the time when doing anything not related to USB testing because I like not have an extra cable. :) Works really well!

Fuel Injected!
    Are you getting any message in red at the bottom of the screen ? Also, does it say Connected at the top ?

Are you planning a custom Bluetooth adapter ? You will need some sort of CPU between the ECU and android device to translate the baud rate to a standard one. This is mainly what this device is doing: http://www.reddevilriver.com/ALDL_Bluetooth.php

Electronic Ignition!
    No message in red and no "connected" at the top.
    Ordered the wireless from reddevilriver this morning.
    Checked the cable again by running WinALDL, and data is readable.

Fuel Injected!
    Weird... You did click on "Connect to ECU" in the menu, correct ? I guess the "Disconnected" at the top changed for "Connecting" at that point and back to "Disconnected" ?

Electronic Ignition!
    When I hit "connect to ECU" it gives me a list of bluetooth devices.
    J.B.

Electronic Ignition!
    I wonder if there is anything I need to do to "open" the communication through the USB port.
    Android is Samsung G3. I do see connecting at the top left.
    Last edited by jbxx; 01-10-2014 at 03:53 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    That most likely mean that either your phone doesn't support USB host mode or didn't recognize your ALDL to USB cable (maybe because its not using an FTDI chip?). I'm remember you told me you're using a Samsung III phone, is that an S3 galaxy ? Because that would definitely support USB host mode so problem would be with the cable most likely... Also where did you bought that cable ?

Fuel Injected!
    Oops, posted at the same time as you replied

Electronic Ignition!
    Ha ha, no worries!
    This is the cable I'm using;
    http://www.aldlcable.com/
    J.B.

Fuel Injected!
    That cable should be FTDI based, that should work... And your phone should support USB host mode... I'm really not sure what to tell you but the app definitely doesn't seems to be able to detect your cable. Is it possible the mini USB adapter is causing some issues somehow ?

You can always download the official app from FTDI (it's free) to see if it does detect your cable fine: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...j2xx.hyperterm

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbxx View Post
    When I hit "connect to ECU" it gives me a list of bluetooth devices.
    J.B.
    It sounds like there is more than one BT device available and you have to somehow choose the correct one(??). Do you have a BT headset or something?