Thread: .xdf files

Electronic Ignition!

.xdf files

How do I download and open any .xdf file without having download a bunch of other ("free software" )
    Last edited by 7399MGM; 09-18-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Super Moderator
    XDFs are tunerpro files, as such, you only really need tunerpro to open them. if they're archived/compressed, you'll need to decompress them, i would recommend 7-zip for that, but depending on your OS, you may have a built-in utility for that already.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Electronic Ignition!

How to open files with .bin .ads. .adf .adx and .xdf extensions

Thanks, for the reply, but I do not have TunerPro, I have a GQ-4X programmer -- I tried several so called "free" programs, but so far no luck - how do you open those darn files?

7399MGM

Super Moderator
    XDFs are a tunerpro files, as such, they don't open in anything else. they're coded very similarly to HTML/XML, should you open them in a text editor.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

As said XDF (and ADX files for that matter) only work in Tuner Pro and Tuner Pro RT.

The type of programmer you have has nothing to do the xdf file.

Is it really a bin file you're after? That's the only file that you would use with a programmer and EPROM.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!

Bin files etc

The type of programmer you have has nothing to do the xdf file.

Is it really a bin file you're after? That's the only file that you would use with a programmer and EPROM.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply- yeah, I am new to this. I have a GQ-4X programer and need to load certain files to read the EPROM and to reprogram. Are there any other files I need to load? Supposedly it needs a .bin file and the MAP file to read the chip. I have an 1228062 ECM which is out of a GM S10 for the engine (2.8l V6) I will be using, but I also have a 1227302 ECM which I want to use for the new installation (I removed the intake manifold etc to change fromm TBI to MFPI) i.e. a V6 into an MGB.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

7799MGM

You don't need any of the files your mentioning to simply read the EPROM. You do need the Willems software in order to use the programmer, which will read the EPROM and save the file as a .bin file.

You need the files you mention along with Tuner Pro in order to view and edit the contents of the .bin file.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    You don't need any of the files your mentioning to simply read the EPROM. You do need the Willems software in order to use the programmer, which will read the EPROM and save the file as a .bin file.

You need the files you mention along with Tuner Pro in order to view and edit the contents of the .bin file.

Thanks again for your reply, I did what you said, but the darn thing does not read my chip (Delco AZNU 0435) The read display stops after 2 blue bars, that's it. I just send mcumall and email. Maybe the sofware is kaputt?

Are you choosing the correct chip to read?

The Gq-4x when plugged in and software started does an auto update for software.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah,you probably need to change the chip type and make sure you have it in the correct way and at the correct end of the programmer socket.This stuff screwed with me in the beginning with programmer as well.
    I'm betting that is a 2732a chip,so find where you can change what kind of chip it is reading and make sure you select it.
    It can be frustrating,but when you finally get it all correct it's a breeze.