Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still getting to know tunerpro. 1992 lt1 First data log

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    1. I doubt it! Or there would not be two of them. But you may be able to write a 93 bin file to your chip and use the more defined $Da3 XDF/mask.

2. The ALDL 172.ds file is all the information GM gave for what is in the data stream, this is the information we use to make the ADX files in TunerPro. TunerPRo is wide open to make and add information without limitations.

For now your only issue is fueling changes do to the 1.6 rockers. So why not start there and learn one of the first things a tuner needs to do and get the "Volumetric Efficiency Vs. RPM Vs. MAP " tables dialed in?

This write up will give you enough of an idea on how to do that!

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-data-Tutorial!

See I had read that I would need to adjust that table, but RobertIsaar was saying to adjust my base pulse first. Not having a base pulse option will definitely start working on that table, thanks for the link.

And as for adding a parameter to tuner pro, the Main parameter I'm looking to add is the TCC lockup. That's one of the big things I wanted to adjust since it locks up so early. I also would like to add the base pule parameter If I can, as well as a way to adjust my knock sensor sensitivity since I've got the rollers. Is there a link by chance for how to add Parameters?

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    BIN and XDF must match, otherwise problems WILL result.
    I agree RobertISaar.

I'm just going to stick with all the DA2 files I already have, I don't want to risk something not matching up and it messing with the wrong code. I do appreciate the help and patience with my beginner questions. I guess I'm at a disadvantage being a Y body guy as it is, having so few parameters added to the tuner pro and all, which explains why I've been getting lost when reading what other lt guys are doing. I'm going to start with that table and try to figure out how to make tuner pro give me the parameters I desire. Again, any links to threads of how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathancj7 View Post
    See I had read that I would need to adjust that table, but RobertIsaar was saying to adjust my base pulse first. Not having a base pulse option will definitely start working on that table, thanks for the link.

And as for adding a parameter to tuner pro, the Main parameter I'm looking to add is the TCC lockup. That's one of the big things I wanted to adjust since it locks up so early. I also would like to add the base pule parameter If I can, as well as a way to adjust my knock sensor sensitivity since I've got the rollers. Is there a link by chance for how to add Parameters?
    base pulse should be set to match the injectors and left there. if you can't get fueling under control via the VE tables, then you'll have to tweak the BPC. or if DA has and uses a cylinder size value, perhaps there. once those values get changed though, the entire VE tables would need redone though.

stuff can be added in fairly easily, especially if it is already present in the other XDF, since it isn't difficult to match them up. knock sensitivity is all done through hardware though, the only software portion is how aggressively knock is reacted to.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Electronic Ignition!
    base pulse should be set to match the injectors and left there. if you can't get fueling under control via the VE tables, then you'll have to tweak the BPC. or if DA has and uses a cylinder size value, perhaps there. once those values get changed though, the entire VE tables would need redone though.

stuff can be added in fairly easily, especially if it is already present in the other XDF, since it isn't difficult to match them up. knock sensitivity is all done through hardware though, the only software portion is how aggressively knock is reacted to.
    So with stock injectors I dont need to adjust the base pulse at all? And if I did How would i do it using the cylinder volume? I Posted a picture of all the Parameters I have on the previous page, there is no base pulse one... And How would I go about taking a DA3 Parameter and implementing it in my DA2?

Super Moderator
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post29337

there is the DA2 XDF i've had for quite some time. looks to be about as complete as the DA3 XDF, has everything you've referred to, at least.

Electronic Ignition!
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post29337

there is the DA2 XDF i've had for quite some time. looks to be about as complete as the DA3 XDF, has everything you've referred to, at least.

Man your a life saver lol. That is literally perfect. What's funny Is I could have sworn that was the version I was using, I was wondering why it seamed the same as the XDF I got from the other site, It must not have overwritten the old file like I had thought it had. This time I saved it under a slightly different name so I could be sure. Now I can start tweaking without stressing over if it's going to cause some kind of catastrophic boundary error lol.

And this XDF should work with the same DA2 ADX I've been using right? those files don't get modified from from XDF to XDF what I understand.
    Last edited by Leviathancj7; 09-22-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Super Moderator
    normally, there is very little to no interaction between ADX and XDF. if so, it is only there for data tracing, which is fairly simple to re-enable.

Electronic Ignition!
    Awesome, I'm going to start messing with it next week after I get the emulator running, So far I haven't opened up the ecu to put the g2 adapter in, I wanted to make sure I was comfortable with the files I had before I did. I'll do another data log after burning my first chip. I'll Post the result when I do.. I greatly appreciate all of you guys and your help.

$DA2 and $DA3 are both the same ALDL file. So use the $DA3 I gave you earlier, it has more works and some history tables already done.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    $DA2 and $DA3 are both the same ALDL file. So use the $DA3 I gave you earlier, it has more works and some history tables already done.
    You mean the DA3.adx?

yes!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    yes!
    Lol I figured, just like to triple check everything before I do anything that can risk my baby lol. I really do appreciate all the help. I'll post an update after my first burn. Thanks again everyone.

Electronic Ignition!
    Ok, update. I got everything set up successfully and even burned and installed my first chip. Car started right up and drove, however it ran pretty crappy and acted as if was not getting any fuel when i hit partial throttle. I'm pretty sure this is because i was messing around with the VE table. I was not able to follow along well with that write up because there was no BLM calculator in the thread link he gave for the $da2/$da3 mask so i went ahead and did a really rough guesstamate. I did his smoothing trick and then added 5% to the entire chart and then another extra 2% to above 3500rpm. Besides hiding an egr code bumping the TCC force lock up to 155 and adjustingmy fan temps i did not mess with anything but the VE table on the "AZUP 92 vette 2.59 gear" file I got as the base bin from this site. It runs great at idle up to around 1700 rpm and it seamed to run decent again up in the higher rpm where i used to be lean, but the car is not all comfortably derivable because of the mid rpm fiasco lol. Also I'm getting the max knock retard every time i put it under load when back on the stock tune it only got knock retard at the high rpm band wot and only 4 degrees. I think I'm going to redo it with the stock VE chart for now until i can figure out how to actually adjust the chart properly. That write up was nice, but it doesn't help much for someone trying to learn how to adjust the VE table without using the quick sheet. I wish he would have gone into more detail about the parameters for changing the values so i could implement them manually.

As promised though I'm attaching the log file for this first chip in case anyone wants to look at it and give any pointers. I'm also curious if there's an actual write up on how to adjust the VE table without all those fancy cheat sheets. Or if there is a blm editor for our masks that I just couldn't find?

My other issue with his write up is that i don't seam to have the VE off idle option in my history cart. And I'm using te DA3 file you supplied me for the acquisition.
    Last edited by Leviathancj7; 09-29-2013 at 02:07 AM.