Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: data log of injector shut off on accelleration issue

at 1.04.3 in the log, a bunch of error codes get set including code 55 pcm failure. Not saying that it is the PCM, however with all the data corruption going on, that is always a possiblity. I wanted the OP to try totally different software to see if the original BIN was the problem, not that I expect it to magically fix anything, as I think that it may be one of those cases where some of the sensor wires are run too close to spark plug wires or coil wires and causing interference. Mark has seen that before.
    Last edited by jim_in_dorris; 09-16-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Working on it today will post a new Log tonight. I saw where the stock bin runs negative spark in the main spark tables and runs off the Main SPrak Bias entry. That is set to 58 degree. That should explain the timing being maxed at 41.8 the max timing set in the xdf file. I reset it to the factory bin setting and will see what that does. Six Shooter you are probably right there is a combination somewhere causing it. I reset all the flags for the codes to on that correspond to the setup. Thanks for the help.

Go back to a stock bin and work from there. Leave Spark Bias alone! The Spark tables in this XDF compensate for Spark Bias and show actual spark advance.

What you did in spark advance and CTS spark advance made spark WAY TO HIGH! Your almost 50* The reason it's at 41.8 is because that is the Max allowed and where it stopped.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Ok here is the downloaded BHAS Stock chip would you take a look at it and make sure it is correct to start from before I flash it and start with changes? I will be using the attached XDF and ADX files to make changes this I believe to be correct from all the research I have done. I appreciate all the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The way to check is to burn it to another EEPROM, or upload it to an emulator and try it.

Looking at in tuning software can look ok, but the real test in in a vehicle.

Load it to the ECM (EEPROM or emulator) turn the key on and watch the CEL for the proper flash. If it has the proper flash, you're good to go.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I don't have a stock BHAS to compare to, but all I see in this one's spark tables looks much better! CTS looks sane, Spark Bais look stock etc...

But it won't fix your voltage issue! Or why your staying Open Loop?

It may fix some of the data glitch that was sending all readings wrong... I've seen that before but in conversions and it's having EFI wiring to close to distributor or spark plug wires. In your case it may have been just misfires from to much advance.

Did you log it yet?

-= =-

I will relog it again in the morning it is at the shop. I have checked every ground, power feed, etc. will chack the wiring at the distributer tomorrow also. It has to be something like that it is just too much like a voltage ground issue. Thanks for all the help. Will let you know how it goes tomorrow. I am so used to HP Tuners and the newer stuff that this is interesting again to learn something new.

Well your a step ahead, just differant software and procedures to learn. What you know will all work back to OBDI.

I've even seen some of that mis-fire spark type stuff in factory stock vehicles and came from cap and rotor. Look in there at cap button to see if it is still springy or just falling down? Can also see black tracing on rotor from misfires. Sometimes this will fry the pickup coil and EST/ICM module but they still run, although not well...

-= =-

Ok I flashed the chip after erasing it. Now I have a SES and the code is a 51 EPROM Checksum Error. I attached the bin and files with a log. Can you look at it not sure where to correct that code????? I think once I get the checksum correct it will work fine. I looked for a solution but it was not clear how to figure the checksum value.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Well your a step ahead, just differant software and procedures to learn. What you know will all work back to OBDI.

I've even seen some of that mis-fire spark type stuff in factory stock vehicles and came from cap and rotor. Look in there at cap button to see if it is still springy or just falling down? Can also see black tracing on rotor from misfires. Sometimes this will fry the pickup coil and EST/ICM module but they still run, although not well...
    You were correct the distributor reference wires were right up against the ignition wires where they led to the coil. I have another issue though which I posted below and would appreciate your input.

Check the offsets and program the EEPROM again.

When I program an EEPROM, I always select the proper E/EPROM first, load bin to buffer, erase, blank check, program, then verify to buffer. Has worked well for me for many burns doing it this way.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Just checking the correct chip does not always work, have to make sure the offsets and buffer are still correct.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Flash-and-Burn

TunerPro will update the checksum all you have to do is save the bin file and it's done.

-= =-

Okay I checked the offsets and buffer, erased the prom and reflashed then checked against the buffer and all was good. When i install the Prom I get a code 51 Checksum error code. Even get it with the stock prom now. This is very interesting. Went from a timing issue to a checksum issue. Wondering now if I have an ECM issue. It's the on;y thing I can think is the problem. Anyone had that issue before. Attached the files but they all look good.

Did you clear the codes before trying the new chip?

-= =-

Wow that was stupid huh. No I didn't. Will try that. Thanks