Thread: 1994-95 LT1 Thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1994-95 LT1 Thread!

I have always wanted one of these and watched a guy drive around town for years in a 1994 Buick RoadMaster Estate wagon, White with Wood Grain, Lt1 ! What a sleeper... now it's mine!

Got Cats WinFlash to go with my TunerPro and have the $EE.XDF and ADX

Should I work on my bin file? Should I look for a Impala SS bin, Camaro bin? Police 9C1.bin? What to start?

Hooked up my scan tool to check codes and watch some data. WOW! There's way more stuff there than I am used to. My scan tool actually has 2 engine choices it says, one for engine and the other for trans.

Also picked up a couple PCMs just in case.

There's an excellent tutorial for TunerPro V5 $EE.XDF and .ADX and then Cats WinFlash to read and flash the PCM.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread.ph ... 5-Tutorial"

Also a great tuning thread on the LT1 here:
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread.ph ... d1-Version"

Early 1994 LT1 were called Rev B and use a differant XDF. called EEB.xdf Not sure about the ADX because I have not got it working on TP in either version yet?
    Attached Files Attached Files

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    I used $EEHack just to see what my 95 Vette was doing. Hooked it up and started a Adana log drove for 20-30 minutes for data.
    Car ran fine, no codes shown. Let sit for three days uncovered in rain and now it won’t start.
    I didn’t flash the ECM or anything, so what the he k happened? It will try to start and stumble but die. Getting fuel and fire.
    Should I reflash the stock 16212471 ECM?
    I know it’s not the $EEhack program, so something I have done without realizing it. Never tried a tuner program before.
    Any help greatly appreciated!

Fuel Injected!
    Does the SECURITY light come on when you move the switch to ignition? Can you connect to the PCM with EEHack without errors? My first thought is VATS, to be honest. If VATS is the issue then when you turn the key the “SECURITY” light will come on solid and EEHack will rack up errors trying to connect.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by NomakeWan View Post
    Does the SECURITY light come on when you move the switch to ignition? Can you connect to the PCM with EEHack without errors? My first thought is VATS, to be honest. If VATS is the issue then when you turn the key the “SECURITY” light will come on solid and EEHack will rack up errors trying to connect.
    no, none of that. Turned over cranked, stumbled and died. Waited two days and
    the car actually started anD ran rough for a minute and then smoothed right out.
    I guess the Opti might have had moisture in it and when the weather cleared and warmed up it dried out. 95 so opti is vented.
    Drove the car for an hour and alll was fine. Turned it off and starts back up, smooth as silk.

Fuel Injected!
    Check and or clean the coil wire and all the wiring running to the Opti-Spark, including that electrical wiring harness that plugs into the Opti-Spark.
    The wiring for the H2Opump temp sensor is very thin gauge. If it misbehaves, it commands a richer AFR, meaning it might not start, or it might start and run rough. Wiggle test works pretty well here.

If the Opti-snorkel is not working right, it might also give similar symptoms til it dries out.
    THEY are NOT Lying to You.
    You are NOT Even Lying to Yourself.
    You ARE Being Lied to ... by Your SELF.
    The Last Psychiatrist, aka ... Alone ...

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarky Dissod View Post
    Check and or clean the coil wire and all the wiring running to the Opti-Spark, including that electrical wiring harness that plugs into the Opti-Spark.
    The wiring for the H2Opump temp sensor is very thin gauge. If it misbehaves, it commands a richer AFR, meaning it might not start, or it might start and run rough. Wiggle test works pretty well here.

If the Opti-snorkel is not working right, it might also give similar symptoms til it dries out.
    Thanks for that info,I’ll check those out.