Thread: Fuel Injector Noise

Fuel Injected!

Fuel Injector Noise

Okay, so it is a 1994 chevy k1500 with a 5.7. The injectors are making some crazy clicking sounds that are actually pretty loud. Unplugging one at a time and they both seem to be making the same amount of chatter. Are they on their way out our what? Will they run like this for a while?
    Thanks, Chris

Super Moderator
    "quieter" engines tend to have this problem. i thought i was having lifter tick for the longest time, turns out it was the injectors. this is why a lot of newer vehicles have acoustic covers.

i wouldn't say it's a sign of imminent failure, but i'm not used to low-z either.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

I hear my injectors over my engine in my Z. It was even worse when I had Peak and Hold injectors installed.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Alright, so i'll stop worrying about it then until i get the money to replace or upgrade. They have over 285,xxx miles on them so it wouldn't be a surprise if they were on their way out i suppose.
    Thanks for the input guys, Chris

Fuel Injected!
    If they haven't been cleaned in awhile might not be a bad idea to run something thru the lines.Change the filter out and fill the new one halfway with seafoam and reinstall.
    Cycle the key up several times to mix with fuel and recharge the line and fire it up.
    Might idle rough for a second then be fine. I do this to all mine with every filter change.
    After that using something like a lucas fuel additive to help lubricate the injectiors on the next tank of fuel.

I'm not much for using additives,but love stuff like seafoam. When I had an oncar injector flush machine I used a mix of gas and seafoam as well as some denatured alcohol alot of times. The mix was high dollar and that worked just as well.
    Brought back many leaky and stuck injectors back from the dead after I built a setup to flush them on the bench.

Can't say whether it will quiet down your injectors as i've never had that problem,but after over 200k miles it couldn't hurt too much maybe. :)

Fuel Injected!
    Cool, i'll give it a try sometime soon.
    Thanks for the advice, Chris