Thread: $6E idle rpm vs coolant

Fuel Injected!

$6E idle rpm vs coolant

ok simple question but probably no simple answer.
    is there any other multipliers or data that can change what the ecm calls the desired idle speed besides the idle rpm vs coolant table?
    now i do know i can manipulate the actual idle using other means in the bin but thats not my question.. let me better explain my question with an example:
    ok so in this particular bin the idlerpm vs coolant table is shown in the attatchment so you can see that when my engine is idleing at lets use 197.6* then looking at table one would say that the displayed desired idle speed should be 675rpm as per the table, correct?(actual idle of course could very depending on the tune etc etc).
    ok so anyhow when idleing at the 197.6* ald data logging the item list and monitor is showing desired idle speed as 725rpm instead of the 675rpm shown in the table. am i missing something really stoopid here?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I know in other codes there are:

Desired idle speed vs battery voltage
    Desired idle speed in drive
    Desired idle speed in park/neutral
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    ok i see , well in the $6E XDF i was using there is nothing more listed for idle except desired idle vs temp with the exception of a couple IAC step adders foe veriouse conditions and those would only change the actual idle i belive and not the displayed "desired idle"(but i could be wrong)

i then opened up an extended $6E xdf and i do see that there is indeed a "idel speed adder park/neutral.. set at 50.00rpm)
    a "add offset if hot spark retard active... set at 150rpm"(assume thats something for when you get into spark knock/retard only?
    also a "park/neutral max rpm rate to intigrate...set at 187.50"(which i have no idea what it does lol)

only thing i see that goes by batt voltage would be injector offset, and as far as idle speed in drive i only know of the"IAC steps added to T/F in drive(not sure what T/F is and also assuming that things that add steps only adjust the actaual idle and not the desired idle displayed? but again i could be wrong)

so ya i guess the desired by temp of 675rpm plus the 50rpm adder park/neutral would account for the desired idle rpm raise to the 725 desired that it displays, thanks

feel free to explain the things above that i marked as not knowing though lol thanks again