Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Food for thought

Banned
    That's just a look up table sheet. This is how MS access works. I have another link that might shed light on a very BASIC programming structure that is not encrypted. At the bottom of this page you will see a file named database. download it and open it if you can find away. http://www.theblattners.com/projects...r/Default.html it is in Access and before I had Access I could view the content, but I am old and can not remember how I did it way back then. DHP's PowerTuner is similar if I remember correctly. Now put all of this together and think about why EFILive uses a code for every parameter and why the code is the same for every alike parameter.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleditor View Post
    I am not saying to Hack TC and Wester's, but if you were take a look into Wester's program he sold to JET you will find C.A.T.S. in the file. That ends all of the BS and that is why someone never got paid. When JET found C.A.T.S. I am sure they we own the rights al ready
    Wow, Lyndon must be fuming. I always thought he would never sell his diesel stuff, esp. the 6.5 TD stuff to anyone. I remember him saying. "Jet will never get my 6.5 TD stuff" Weird.

peace
    Hog
    Last edited by Hog; 09-07-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    Not sure if I understand this yet. Lyndon sold his diesel stuff to Jet.

1)Did he sell both the Duramax AND the 6.5 TD stuff? Lyndon said he would never let go of 6.5TD. I'm surprised.
    2) WHat BS are you talking about.

You said "When JET found C.A.T.S. I am sure they we own the rights already"
    3) So Lyndon sold his diesel stuff to Jet, his stuff had some CATS stuff in it. Did Lyndon get paid for his doesel stuff from Jet.
    4)Or are you saying that John didnt get paid because Lyndons diesel stuff included Johns CATS stuff and Jet said "ok we allready own CATS so we dont have to pay for this CATS/Lyndon/diesel stuff.
    5) Who ownes who money.
    6) Is there an issue between Lyndon and John?

Confusing information on the internet, again.Wow, Lyndon must be fuming.

I always thought he would never sell his diesel stuff, esp. the 6.5 TD stuff to anyone. I remember him saying. "Jet will never get my 6.5 TD stuff" Weird.

peace
    Hog
    The program JetChips sold at one time was called Jet DDST. I am not sure if that is the same program they have listed currently under Dynamic Spectrum Tuning (DST) or not. Currently Jet has 3 versions of DST. It looks like #14005 is for Gas Class II, #14007 is for Gas CAN ECM's and #14006 is the Diesel program. This fits 2001 to 2005 LB7 & LLY. In the conversations I had with Lyndon he told me that the DDST program was his. I may have misunderstood him and it is possible that he just built the VDF's. Lyndon posted on Mondax that he never got a dime from JET.

I am saying that Jet never paid Lyndon, because Lyndon's software is built by C.A.T.S. and Jet had purchased the OBDII tuner.

Banned
    Wow, Lyndon must be fuming. I always thought he would never sell his diesel stuff, esp. the 6.5 TD stuff to anyone. I remember him saying. "Jet will never get my 6.5 TD stuff" Weird.

peace
    Hog
    Jet could never ever sell the 6.5L legally in the US. I am under the impression that it comes down to the ability to read out the PCM. Most of the non supported GM PCM's/ECM's have the memory broken apart and stored on different chips. You would need to be able to read the calibration out correctly from all of the chips. I am under the impression the 6.5L can not be readout with a cable. The PCM/ECM need to be disassembled.

Fuel Injected!
    OK thanks AJ. I always thought Lyndon built the 6.5 tuner so that it couldnt read ECM's on purpose, so as to prevent people form copying diesel shops calibrations. But that doesnt seem to be the way things are. Thanks
    peace
    Hog

Banned
    OK thanks AJ. I always thought Lyndon built the 6.5 tuner so that it couldnt read ECM's on purpose, so as to prevent people form copying diesel shops calibrations. But that doesnt seem to be the way things are. Thanks
    peace
    Hog

NO

Some PCM's can not be read. Most of the Northstar PCM's, Saturn PCM's, 6.5L, and a few others. The 96 to 99 Northstar PCM's I feel could be read out, but sense part of the flash is on the CPU chip and 2 PLCC32 chips, It also has 2 CPU's and it would take a lot to get it out correctly. The 2000 to 2005 Northstar PCM are not a Delco/Delphi and that do not use Motorola CPU's. From my understanding the AVT cable will not read them for that reason. The old 1998 LS1 uses a PSOP44 like the 1999+ do, but the flash is partially flashed on the CPU. You know how those PCM's like to brick, so you could double that with the old Northstar's. I have software that will tune the old Northstar PCM's, but getting the flash to tune is tricky. You can not acquire them from legally from GM's TIS. I am not sure if the newer LML Duramax ECM's can be read without opening them up and modifying the board or not.

My understanding of the 6.5L is that TC can not read the ECM because it is not readable. I am sure if you pull it apart you can read the memory out. You could also acquire it illegally from TIS as I would assume has been done

Administrator
    The 6.5 pcm is not flash capable. Calibration changes require burning a new chip.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    The 6.5 pcm is not flash capable. Calibration changes require burning a new chip.
    I kind of thought that they uses a MemCal or Prom of some type

Fuel Injected!
    ARe you sure. Why would there be TC2 VDF's if they are not flashable. Maybe some early 6.5's arent, but if you buy a Wester TC2 VDF I'm sure you can flash the PCM. You do have to supply Lyndon with the exact PCM you have, along with $100 for the VDF.,

peace
    Hog

Administrator
    I am sure the vans we use, model year 2000 and 2001 3500's, have the same chip assembly as older OBDI units.

TCII does not flash pcm's. It comes with a separate utility to flash pcm's. It's plausible that 1) the calibrations have enough similarity to other OBDII calibrations to require multi-checksum calculation and segment recognition that's available in TC OBDII, and / or 2) in order to keep software consistent the 1996 and newer 6.5's were grouped with other OBDII calibrations.

I wish I had time to follow up and straighten this out, if only for myself, but that's not likely to happen right now.
    Last edited by 1project2many; 09-20-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Banned
    They use an OBD1 style ECM with a FLSAH chips. WinFlash can not read the ECM. This ECM was used from 1996 to 2002
    Part Number: 16216588

16216588_PRIMARY.jpg

Banned
    The 6.5l use an OBD1 style PCM. WinFlash cannot read this PCM
    Part Number: 16216588

Maybe it can read them
    OS PCM Type # Segments Security Algo Read Alog Program Algo VDF #
    9350395T 16216588 1 3 13 12 OBD2_11_99

16216588_PRIMARY.jpg
    OS PCM Type # Segments Security Algo Read Alog Program Algo VDF #
    9350395T 16216588 1 3 13 12 OBD2_11_99

I had tried to read a 1999 6.5l 1 ton i emailed about the vdf and why i couldnt read it they can only be flashed and a calibration to your vin is given to you to edit when you buy the vdf

Fuel Injected!
    I am sure the vans we use, model year 2000 and 2001 3500's, have the same chip assembly as older OBDI units.

TCII does not flash pcm's. It comes with a separate utility to flash pcm's. It's plausible that 1) the calibrations have enough similarity to other OBDII calibrations to require multi-checksum calculation and segment recognition that's available in TC OBDII, and / or 2) in order to keep software consistent the 1996 and newer 6.5's were grouped with other OBDII calibrations.

I wish I had time to follow up and straighten this out, if only for myself, but that's not likely to happen right now.
    Apparently the 96-2003 6.5 ECM's CAN be flashed with TC2 calibrations using Winflash. I dont know whats up with your setup??
    For 1996+ 6.5 Turbo Diesel programming

Dealers:

For 1996-2003 6.5 Turbo Diesel Trucks and H1 Hummer calibrations
    You need to do the following:

1. DO NOT read the ECM for these models.
    2. Query the computer/vehicle for VIN information.
    3. Choose the correct calibration and make your changes.
    4. Save the file with the correct VIN info in the calibration information box !
    5. Turn on the ignition key and wait at least 30 seconds till glow plugs finish cycling.
    6. Re-read Step 5. It's important !! A dead ECM can result unless the glow plug cycling finishes. Voltage is pulled so low at a glow plug cycle that
    if you're programming in a GP cycle, it'll quit communicating.
    7. Program as you normally would !
    8. Road test and verify the performance gains. Some models will require you to re-tension the wastegate for the increased boost and airflow.

Lyndon, Owner
    Westers Garage

peace
    Hog

Banned
    Correct they can only be programmed
    THEY CAN NOT BE READ OUT!!!!!!!

How does anyone legally acquire a file?