Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Food for thought

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    People do share, VDF's, I dont know how much of an issue it really is though. Once you have a VDF illegaly, you can never go to John to get it updated, your scamming self is dependant on your scamming source of the scammed VDF's.
    Heck they are only $80 a piece (Lyndons 6.5 diesel VDF's for TC2 are $100 and yoi cant read the PCM), but people are cheap. Have I shared, no, have I asked for VDF's, yes-once and at the time I really didnt realize what I was doing-but was promptly denied the files.

All the TC/Westers GMT stuff is similar, but not the same. Westers GMT and his Diesel are password protected, there are little intricacies about each program.

I cant believe that Jet DST is using the Diesel stuff without paying. But I found it at the Jet site for download Heck Jet is way back at 2.01. TC is at 3.18.
    FREE! Dynamic Spectrum Tuner Diesel Demo Version

Click Here to Download the Diesel Version

While the DST program will run on virtually any PC running Windows 95 or later, we recommend the following minimum PC specifications:
    • Pentium 266
    • Windows 98
    • 64 MB RAM
    • 800 x 600 display resolution
    • 20 MB free hard drive space
    • 9 pin serial connector or 9 pin serial to USB adapter

peace
    Hog
    I am not saying to Hack TC and Wester's, but if you were take a look into Wester's program he sold to JET you will find C.A.T.S. in the file. That ends all of the BS and that is why someone never got paid. When JET found C.A.T.S. I am sure they we own the rights al ready

How much would your deal be and what benefits over what TC is now besides comparing non matching OS calibrations? I know there is a free LS1 flash tool in the works and a xdf file for tunerpro. I've have efi live and tunercats for quite a few years now I sold hptuners due to the messed up credit system. John has been very fair with him keeping support up.

Banned
    Lets take a look at this

Would any company stick money into software for a ten year old product? NO

In 2004 GM started with CAN vehicles and they have become the normal. If you look at just the CAN side of it and forget about Gen III PCM's then it all make more sense. I am looking at 2013/14 vehicles, be cause that is what I am tuning. TunerPro CAN NOT support most CAN ECM's. The EPA says if the vehicle is older than 10 model years old it is past it's life cycle. If it is older than 2004 than the EPA says it does not care about them. They are junk

Lets say we go $500 with a cable for the software and you pay $80 for the VDF's you will be better off. If you get the VDF editor then you can edit the VDF's as needed.

I am having a hard time coming up with a comparison this second. I hope you can follow me with this
    You have a video game DVD and it will represent the VDF and this game will play in a Mac or a PC. Or even a PlayStation or Xbox. The game is the VDF and the console is the software.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by roughneck427 View Post
    How much would your deal be and what benefits over what TC is now besides comparing non matching OS calibrations? I know there is a free LS1 flash tool in the works and a xdf file for tunerpro. I've have efi live and tunercats for quite a few years now I sold hptuners due to the messed up credit system. John has been very fair with him keeping support up.

A new user could use our software and John's VDF's for newer cars cheaper than HPT

Super Moderator
    so, in short, what you are proposing is simply getting around needing to buy the roadrunner to use tunercat OBD2 products?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Banned
    I would think so

We would just like to enhance TC and bring it back to the market.

A good scanner/datalogger that matches HPT/EFIlive would raise TC sales a lot, much more than another tuning program

Banned
    That should not be an issue with the 852 cable or even another cable. It took me many years to find a legal copy of TC.

Administrator
    There was a freeware program called UVScan which had promise. I use it with my AVT cable. There weren't many users and interest sort of waned until the author just didn't renew the domain.

MXScan has never worked well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleditor View Post
    I would think so

We would just like to enhance TC and bring it back to the market.
    If the VDFs were made available to the public? There would be no need for new software. Just make the VDF work in TunerPro RT, then the scanner is built in. Only problem is a flash cable which could also be available from TC or LS1 Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    A good scanner/datalogger that matches HPT/EFIlive would raise TC sales a lot, much more than another tuning program
    See Above^

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    There was a freeware program called UVScan which had promise. I use it with my AVT cable. There weren't many users and interest sort of waned until the author just didn't renew the domain.

MXScan has never worked well for me.
    Scan XL Pro works well, but not free. But then again there is already TunerPRo ADX files so...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Banned
    YOU CAN NOT TUNE THE NEWER ECM's WITH TunerPro

Works for me?

TunerPRo is also doing some updates to make ADX data logging easier.

-= =-

Banned
    How do you do you do the checksums on the 2M ECM's

Never done a 2mb PCM, but if it is an issue I'll have Mark M fix it.

-= =-

Administrator
    Can't do scan or editing? Editing needs multiple checksums in same cal? Could do some workarounds such as multiple definitions for each section of cal, or could write separate program like old time Tunercat checksum utility for OBDI. That is, if a fix is not forthcoming.