Thread: Food for thought

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Food for thought

Tom and I were talking a few weeks back about going about the lack of TC issue anther way

This is all is hypothetical

What if we came up with a new software package that allowed a user to use the TC VDF’s as the dbf’s . We talked about a couple of ways to do that and one way will allow you to compare unalike OS’s.
    We also have a way to stop VDF sharing and we would implement this and have an option to pull the plug on anyone that violates the agreements. We would think that John would be happy selling VDF’s and WinFlash. We would be happy with our software sales

We are looking at an alternative to WF also. The calibration contains a hell of a lot more information than you would think.

As a matter of fact I can proof it. I have a NON Global Electrical Architect Vehicle and it shows flash counts
    just talking out load and all hypothetically

My first thought is... if this is legal with software licensing on TunerCat and we have Johns blessing? Then all is well.

He has done more for the DIY EFI tuning community then any other software company and all at a fair price for a great product. Probably has been screwed more too and we don't it here!

TunerCat definitions are always a good thing! Seem to always have an edge on others. The drawback is of course the restrictions after sale to Jet DST and lack of software updates.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Banned
    We would not sell any VDF's. Our software would need a key code that would lock the VDF to our software and if you hack our lock and share we will lock down our software

Locking software globally would screw everyone? Not just some hackers? I must not understand that correctly but like the protection thought. No one would be intrested if it could become useless and stop working at some point?

What would I do with my VDFs as I own them all? Not sure if I would want them locked to new software and not be able to use in TunerCat? Even more so with sentence above ^^

Just trying to help think this through with you...

Seems like a bigger issue is items missing or needed in the definitions which is something you have the capabilities of fixing or adding. There is a VDF editor to change and add to definitions but it's not much help without dissasembly skills...

-= =-

Banned
    people have been trading VDF's for years. John looses out. John has away currently to keep the trading down, but I am not going into that. If we came out with a software package that has nothing to do with John at all other than it excepts his VDF's then JET will have not say in it. John will be selling his VDF's and possibly WF, but I think we can come up with a better package

Well the TunerCat OBDII software could use an update. So say your software is up to date, comparable to what's available like EFI Live, HP Tuners or TunerPro RT.

What's it going to use for a data logger?

Still need a flash program and TunerCat WinFlash is listed as $300 if he will sell them? Right now it is to dealers/TunerCat OBDII owners.

LS1 Flash and a cable that will be available for sale to public soon with no licensing restrictions for $400. Cables are expensive!

$80 for each definition if TunerCat will sell them.

There's $380 to start. How much for your software?

Still need a data logger, how much?

TunerPro RT is $39 and files are wide open for editing, it is what a tuner software tool should be like. Already has a LS1 definition/xdf and already has a data logger/adx which includes AD inputs for Wide Band O2 for the 0411 PCM. Along with LS1 Flash with cable that has the AD ports for Wide Band O2. Right now covers only one, but the main need of all LS engines. Total cost to get going is $439.

-= =-