Thread: '165 Not Going Into Diagnostic Mode

Fuel Injected!

'165 Not Going Into Diagnostic Mode

When I jumper A-B it does nothing. Fans don't kick on and SES light does not flash. The fuel pump primes for the 2 seconds....anyonw know what is going on here? Thanks for any help.

Either the ground is not good or the diagnostic enable connection to the ECM is broken or missing.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerWorld View Post
    When I jumper A-B it does nothing. Fans don't kick on and SES light does not flash. The fuel pump primes for the 2 seconds....anyonw know what is going on here? Thanks for any help.
    be more specific.. does the ses light even come on at all with A&B jumpered and key on? does it come on without the jumper and key on? does it come on then of quick befor coming on when you turn key on?
    also your next part is a bit misleading because jumping A&B dosnt make the FP run at all not for 2 seconds even, 12volts to G makes pump run.

all i can say atm is make sure that A is a good ground and that B has continuity to the ecm plug also is your bulb working? also ecm fuse/fuses/fusable limk and or connector by battery if you have on.. in other words make sure the ecm has power.

also make sure your in A&B (both upper righ) i know sounds obvious but i have jumped wrong before.. so i know it happens.

lol never fails someone always answers while i'm typing
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-31-2013 at 07:21 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    SES comes on when jumpered, but the SES light does not flash...it just stays on with KOEO. Does the same when not jumpered; acts like it is not jumpered. Sticking a paperclip in there and it is doing nothing other than coming on and staying on.

Fuel Injected!
    ok then 1st steps = make sure that A is a good ground and that B has continuity to the ecm

Fuel Injected!
    Swapped ECM and it works fine now. I was wondering wtf I had done to it. I didn't tear it up this time!