Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do I not have 5v coming from B12 (MAF Signal) at the ECM?

The idle issue may be 2 fold. I'm not sure if you should be in 10K for data? I think it just needs 10K to start data flowing. In other ECM if left in 10k it raises idle and changes timing. So someone correct me on his?

The other is your IAC counts are maxed out! So it is trying like heck to raise your idle but it has no room left. What is your idle set for? Definitely have to open throttle blade some like 1/4 to 1/2 turn in, this will let some air in and lower IAC counts so it can control idel RPM.

HTH!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    The idle issue may be 2 fold. I'm not sure if you should be in 10K for data? I think it just needs 10K to start data flowing. In other ECM if left in 10k it raises idle and changes timing. So someone correct me on his?

The other is your IAC counts are maxed out! So it is trying like heck to raise your idle but it has no room left. What is your idle set for? Definitely have to open throttle blade some like 1/4 to 1/2 turn in, this will let some air in and lower IAC counts so it can control idel RPM.

HTH!
    Thanks Mark, I had absolutely no idea about the IAC counts! I did recently set base idle, timing and TPS....maybe I did something wrong. I will recheck all of this as soon as I get working on this again.

What do you make of the grams jumping around like they are?
    Last edited by BurgerWorld; 08-29-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    EST fault might not be helping or is that just from have the 10k resistor in to get data

Fuel Injected!
    nothing changes with my data on my 165 when i leave the 10k switch or flip it to open, now on my 870ecm it made the differance that mark speaks of but not on the 165, of course thats when using TP and not WINALD so ya idk if that makes any diff or not but doubt it..

anyhow i'm seeing alot going on there and alot i wish i could see but before i give an opinion how about some history? was this car running fine then just start this? any mods or just stock? any other info or history?
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-29-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by delcowizzid View Post
    EST fault might not be helping or is that just from have the 10k resistor in to get data
    Have to clear the 42 error code, it is probably from setting the timing when bypass wire disconnected.

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by xtreamvette69 View Post
    nothing changes with my data on my 165 when i leave the 10k switch or flip it to open, now on my 870ecm it made the differance that mark speaks of but not on the 165, of course thats when using TP and not WINALD so ya idk if that makes any diff or not but doubt it..

anyhow i'm seeing alot going on there and alot i wish i could see but before i give an opinion how about some history? was this car running fine then just start this? any mods or just stock? any other info or history?
    WinALDL is a 160 BAUD reader and that is what you get when in 10K mode. Now if you had TunerPro it would read 160 BAUD and when you release 10K it would also read the 8192 BAUD data stream.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah, the 42 was from setting timing.

This car does idle up when in diag mode.

Got TP working the other day, so I just need to put together a dash and get back to work on this thing. Just hung-up on the low voltage issue atm. to the various sensors.

Since I got the car it has just been one thing after another. Had a warm start issue after checking I found that it had 24# LT1 Injectors that were 12ohm. Apparently these cars are ok w/14ohm 22# (current injectors Bosch III) and of course the stock 16ohm 22#, but it would simply not restart after being warmed up for a minute and then shut off.

Here is another vid in closed loop made about a month ago:

Last edited by BurgerWorld; 08-30-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Your still in 10K ?

IAC counts still look really high?

If you have TP working then post a data log. All the info is there is Item Lists, you don't need a dash board to see the data. Monitors are better for watching for data issues. What mask are you using that does not have dashboards? I can add tons of dashboards in ten minutes and then you can right click on any gauge and add whatever you want.

Raw data is useless unless you want to use the numbers and conversions to real life numbers.

What is the idel set to in chip/bin? Have you changed injector settings for new injectors? What other modifications are made to the engine?

That surging at idle sounds more like a vacuum leak then a electric number issue...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    $6E-1227165-v1.2 ... is that the mask? How do I get to item lists? .bin is stock BC: APYU I was thinking the injectors would be stock replacement since they are the same rating (22#.) The only difference is impedance. Does currently have a 58mm TB. Blower has been disconnected until I can get this thing working correctly.

Blower? Disconnected? Maybe that is your issue, got any pictures?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    No....I put the stock air intake back on. to eliminate any issues the blower might have been causing. After I get it straightened out I will hook it back up of course lol

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerWorld View Post
    $6E-1227165-v1.2 ... is that the mask? How do I get to item lists? .
    Click on the icons or Acqusistion, Show Data Lists, Dashbaords, Monitors, etc...
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Click on the icons or Acqusistion, Show Data Lists, Dashbaords, Monitors, etc...
    Thanks Mark! AS soon as I get this heap back together I will make a log of it running like ________ of course.
    Last edited by BurgerWorld; 08-30-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    ok i'm still trying to wrap my head around this cars history.. so far i got that the car is a 89 firebird with the 165 ecm running the APYU bin(stock or modified?). tell me more about this "blower" (type?) and are you using the same programing right now with it normally aspirated?

yes the IAC is high but i'm not thinking thats your issue, i'm also thinking that your grams per sec arent fluxuating as a cause of your problems but rather as a product of the condition, meaning your idle is fluxuating yep so in order to do that it has to flow more air and of course the MAF is just doing its job by reporting that airflow..

hard to tell more without more info that i asked for but atm i am tending to bet it is a timing issue possible in your base timing but more probably in your programing but this all depends heavily on if the bin your using is edited for the blower or not.
    also would need some info on the engine.. cam?, compression?, etc etc.. was this engine built for the blower or just basically stock with a blower added l8r?

all this is pretty important to know before trying to figure out whats up with everything.

your TPS voltage is wrong, probably from your recent settings.. also BLM is looks to be showing pretty lean as well although i dont see your int moving around? but i do see the O2 sensor redading and its showing just slightly rich but pretty close when idle is around the 1000rpm but goes much richer when surging around the 550rpm.

is it possible for you to post up a copy of the bin your running so i can take a peek at any modifications?
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-30-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreamvette69 View Post
    ok i'm still trying to wrap my head around this cars history.. so far i got that the car is a 89 firebird with the 165 ecm running the APYU bin(stock or modified?). tell me more about this "blower" (type?) and are you using the same programing right now with it normally aspirated?

yes the IAC is high but i'm not thinking thats your issue, i'm also thinking that your grams per sec arent fluxuating as a cause of your problems but rather as a product of the condition, meaning your idle is fluxuating yep so in order to do that it has to flow more air and of course the MAF is just doing its job by reporting that airflow..

hard to tell more without more info that i asked for but atm i am tending to bet it is a timing issue possible in your base timing but more probably in your programing but this all depends heavily on if the bin your using is edited for the blower or not.
    also would need some info on the engine.. cam?, compression?, etc etc.. was this engine built for the blower or just basically stock with a blower added l8r?

all this is pretty important to know before trying to figure out whats up with everything.

your TPS voltage is wrong, probably from your recent settings.. also BLM is looks to be showing pretty lean as well although i dont see your int moving around? but i do see the O2 sensor redading and its showing just slightly rich but pretty close when idle is around the 1000rpm but goes much richer when surging around the 550rpm.

is it possible for you to post up a copy of the bin your running so i can take a peek at any modifications?
    Stock .bin

Sorry, I do not have a reader at this point to post my .bin. It doesn't look like it has been erased. The stock stickers have not been removed under the prom case (blue part.)

Compression is 135 psi across the board; I checked every cylinder. This was with throttle plates open, but other spark plugs still in.

58mm TB

Hooker shorties.

The S/C is completely disconnected as I am trying to eliminate possible causes of the problem; stock intake tubes have been reinstalled. The blower manual states the kit is designed specifically to work with the stock chip. It even goes on to state not to use any aftermarket chips, which will of course be ignored at a later date. lol

Stock cam.

Timing has been set to 6*BTDC with EST disconnected.

I have checked and checked and checked for vacuum leaks.

Backtracking the issue based on the code 33 chart I just cannot get past the low 5v signal (3.7v) coming from B12. Especially, since other have 5 volts.
    Last edited by BurgerWorld; 08-30-2013 at 06:29 AM.