Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 0411 5.3 cam tuning.

Fuel Injected!
    Here's the tune file and a log.
    Seems to be logging from W02AFR2 instead of W02AFR1,not sure how to change that.
    That is likely my issue since that pid is staying at 25.00 *solved this problem I think.

I can post as a .bin or .cal if needed.

*Trying to get log file up,can't post an .efi or .csv file so gonna try and export to .txt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Playtoy_18; 01-17-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Okay,figured out the issue with wideband.
    A couple things I notice offhand are the fuel seems to look okay,but i'm not getting anything as far as fuel trims.
    I checked the file,and unless i'm missing something (likely) the fuel trims are enabled.
    I've disabled the MAF while logging the above log,and have also made a file that have the trims disabled to use today.
    The wideband is installed in bank 1,but I also had him install a bung in bank 2 and I will move the sensor there and verify that bank is running okay also.
    On a log yesterday I noticed that B2S1 was pretty flat on stoich it looked,so might need to check wiring or possibly even sensor (new).

.efi logs are now on attachment list.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Anybody know why i'm not getting any fuel trim corrections?
    I've been trying to get the VE tuned,so the maf signal is pulled but i'm not showing any short or long term corrections and don't know why.
    Last edited by Playtoy_18; 01-20-2014 at 11:01 PM.

You have the stock bin or .tun to compare with?

If you can't find something wrong when it should be CL and getting fuel trims? Lean it out and see if you can get the O2 warmed up?

I opened this in EFI Live and found these warnings!
    Out of Range calibration summary: 06:40:05 pm, Monday Jan 20, 2014

Engine Calibration.Fuel.DFCO
    {B3308} DFCO M6 Enable Temp, was out of range when loaded.

Engine Calibration.Fuel.Mixture
    {B3614} Hot PE Mode Coolant Temp Threshold, was out of range when loaded.

Engine Calibration.Fuel.Lean Cruise
    {B3636} Vehicle Speed Lean Cruise Enable, was out of range when loaded.

Engine Calibration.Fuel.Trim
    {B3803} Maximum Coolant Temp to Enable LTFT, was out of range when loaded.

Engine Calibration.Torque Limiting
    {B6615} Max Torque, Front Axle, was out of range when loaded.
    {B6616} Max Torque, Rear Axle, was out of range when loaded.
    {B6617} Max Torque, Front Prop Shaft, was out of range when loaded.
    {B6618} Max Torque, Rear Prop Shaft, was out of range when loaded.

-= =-

Bank 1 Sensor 1 is pretty rich in .900 range while Bank 2 Sensor 1 is in .400 range. So Bank 1 seems rich along with PO355 Coil 5 Inginition Circuit MIL?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I might have gotten my logs mixed up,had a coil issue that we solved earlier.
    I did compare with a stock bin,but didn't see anything that woud shut trims off.
    I'll goover it again and look.
    funny,I didn't get any warnings from efilive about calibration stuff out of limits.
    i'll look over the compare again.

Fuel Injected!
    I found my compare file,i'll post it here.
    I haven't ran a compare of it now,mainly cause I didn't make many changes besides fans,trans,ve and spark I think along with a couple codes.
    Looking over the compare file,I want to start back over with a stock file though.
    There are alot of changes in there,and not sure that any of it applies to mine so think it might be the easiest way.
    I will load up the one I made and first want to see if trims kick in and sensors read correctly. Hoping I don't have a wiring issue.
    First need to verify that cyl5 isn't missing and the 02's are working correctly though.
    (The Teddy4log was the latest one,I didn't mean to post because it was short but forgot which is which till checked timestamp. It doesn't show any DTC's so must've been after I fixed coil issue and got rid of uneeded fan2 and alt dtc's)
    Last edited by Playtoy_18; 01-21-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    This is the file i'm going to put in and see if I maybe the trims and 02's will work.
    Not sure if maybe i'm running into an issue like you guy's described from the case ground sensors so figured this would rule that out if nothing else.
    I don't know which OS uses what,but remember I did use case ground sensors and this should be the correct file from my searching back when.
    I did put in the VE and spark tables as well from the last VE log,figure they're closer than the stock was.
    Also I changed PE to eq. ratio 1.00 so I wouldn't need to worry about it altering values.
    I'm added a disconnect to the MAF signal wire,I have been disconnecting it to fail the sensor for tuning.
    Hopefully head out there shortly.

Fuel Injected!
    Only had a little bit of time today with it,first loaded up the file I made and then fired it up.
    Still no trims,and temp gun showed me cyl5 wasn't hitting,so I started diag.
    Found a short to ground on the bank1 ignition low reference circuit that traced back to the pcm pin.
    i've got a spare 0411 but didn't have time to swap it in.
    Gonna diag the bank 2 02 sensor tomorrow and see why it's stuck at switchpoint.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok,fixed the 02 sensor issue. I pinned a wire for B2S1 into B2S2 by mistake,checked and now working okay and getting trims looks like.

Can't figure out coil issue though.
    P0355 coil control circuit
    checked and replaced plug,ohm'ed out new wire,swapped coil in.
    Have good ground to coil,have 12v on both power and control circuit. Low reference is open/grounded with keyon.
    Checked against the other bank and all seems okay.
    Swapped out for two different pcm's and still no change.
    I'm going to try swapping another coil onto it but not holding my breath.
    my buddy is a gm tech,and he was going to double check for me but thought that the low reference circuit was a 5v ref.
    Low ref signals splice together for each bank and go back to a single low ref circuit to C2(red) pin 60.
    That pin is grounded to case,but also grounded on the other pcm's I tried so assuming it is as it should be. (waiting for buddy to confirm).

I need help or suggestions.
    about to go spend a couple hours at my part time @ AZ and hopefully have time to find and go thru a complete system description for Gm ignition.
    Any ideas please post up,so tired of messing with this thing.

I just had a Low Ref Pink/Black wire through me for a loop last week, it was supposed to be 0 volt. It was for Cam Position Sensor...

Could have swapped coils and see if it moved.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I swapped in what should have been a good coil,but can't be for sure so i'll go ahead and swap it across banks tomorrow.
    Also the low ref is apparently a ground,not a 5v ref.
    Buddy suggested checking with a test light instead of a meter so it will put some load on the circuit.
    He also suggested the wire could be broken but still showing no resistance,apparently he's ran across the issue before where wire is touching enough to ohm out but then fail.
    I've had wires broken inside insulation before but they didn't ohm out and showed open.(neutral safety,damn plug on 4l60-pretty much have to pull on the wires to get it off)
    So have a few suggestions to try tomorrow,gonna try to get an early start on it.

Fuel Injected!
    Swapped coil across banks,ran an overlay on the control circuit and neither worked.
    Re-ohmed all the wires again,checked with test light and meter and nothing.
    Decided to swap coil harness since only ran overlay to the coil harness connector.
    Found harness pinched when i pulled it,swapped to other bank and problem gone.
    So swapped in a different coil harness and all is good now.
    Had to bail cause it was 25* in his shop and had some stuff to do,tomorrow i'll get back on tuning it.
    Thanks for suggestions mark.

Fuel Injected!
    Well,got the VE about as well as I can get it without being able to drive it much.
    Went ahead and enabled closed loop and started logging for MAF correction.
    This is the current tune and the log I ran for MAF as well as the final log I did for VE.
    Really need to get a lower tstat on it,this high temp stock stuff ain't working for me.
    I just need it safe enough he won't blow it up till I can drive it down the road longer.
    These logs were mainly done pulling out of his driveway and up or down the hill in front of his house and driving about a block and back.