Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: 86 Iroc 350 with 30lb injectors

Some pics of the car:
    Attached Images Attached Images

beautiful car man. LOVE THIRDGENS. these guys will get it going.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    FAIL! You get her to drive so you can hold the laptop!
    I find it more fun to be driving than be tuning...

I used to want those old Orions, back in the day. Along with their amplifiers.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    I find it more fun to be driving than be tuning...
    Me too!

But man it is also fun to tune emulating/live with a driver when you can watch the laptop instead of avoiding things to hit!

I've got my kid trained and a route we take. Un-believable how much I can get done in 30 minutes!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    having a good driver is the key LOL.ive sat in the passenger seat with a lot of people driving and i only have 1 person who i like driving while tuning and his car is the most finely tuned out of the lot cause he can follow instructions LOL.i dont log i just tune realtime on the fly as we hit cells i only have logging on to see where i am in tables with data tracing bubble.

i see that intake and cam giving you greif with reversion back through the maf and am guessing the maf tables will need a rework moreso than injector offsets in the end

Quote Originally Posted by one92rs View Post
    beautiful car man. LOVE THIRDGENS. these guys will get it going.
    Thanks bro. Me to. Was my favourite car as a kid.

Fuel Injected!
    kk i will get a look at this log, just wanted to stop in and say yep she looks pretty clean but i'm betting that old skool changer skips like mad right with the subs like that.
    i hated all my big systems i had because of that reason, even high dollar decks skip with enough base power in the car. thats why i switched it up with this project vette and installed a pc right in it with a 7 1/2" touchscreen mounted where the factory deck once was along with a cd/dvd drive/burner where the drivers info fenter was so that had to be customized around the touchscreen and cd/dvd drive as i didnt want to lose the info lights. but yep it looks good Zed, only thing i can say i dont like and not a beliver of is your breathers on your valve covers. dont get me wrong i love the looks of the open elements i just think they really detract from the intended operation of the pcv system. and see i knew they loved pictures here

and as far as the tuning on the fly, yep that must be nice. i had planned on getting an emulator but was torn between spending more to be able to tune oem computers vs just going megasquirt and still havent totally decided but prob will get an emulator either way if for no other reason then just because lol

You must have had shitty installers, or shitty installs. I've rarely ever had issues with changers skipping, well back in the day when changers were still common. We used to install changers in bass heavy cars because they were less prone to skipping than in dash CD players. Also anything since about 2004 is very difficult to make skip, especially from the bass from the system. The suspensions have been improved greatly and really resist the shocks that were a problem in the '80s and '90s.

Of course now with the digital mass storage ability, using portable players or in car PCs, that is really a concern of the past.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    only just peeked quick at the log but already can say wow, maybe those injector numbers were all magic because you went from way lean 160 almost solid blm/int to the almost perfect 128blm/ 129int across the board for warm closed loop idle, lets hope that stays consistent on up into full operating temp and i will be thrilled as it would mean we can move onto tables for diff conditions. i am very pleased with those numbers, but again that was just a glance at just one thing so i will review the rest.

as far as fuel smell, was that the whole time? just startup area? closed loop area? not sure how it could have a real strong smell in the CL warm operation as it is almost spot on in terms of the int/blm.. i do however know you will always have a lil smell with such open flow exhaust as well as that cam and especialy in a garage but ya we will see how much we can tweek out of it as it wouldnt hurt to run jus a lil lean but then the ecm will be putting in fuel which might be worse idk we will see but im not going to tune smells atm lol hope thats ok , i would rather get things running right in all ranges and tables first.
    but first impression of first glance is looking good long as it stays like that on up into full operating temp.

btw does "starts and runs much better also mean that cold start/run issue as well?

Fuel Injected!
    open breathers and pcv will cause even more headaches from the unmetered air getting to the engine without going through the maf.this is why i asked for pics to see how things are setup you cant even begin to tune till you see how shit is setup.
    ive spent most of my days removing maf's and going map even my 2002 3.8 emotec v6 is getting a map conversion im sick of slouchy responce

Quote Originally Posted by xtreamvette69 View Post
    kk i will get a look at this log, just wanted to stop in and say yep she looks pretty clean but i'm betting that old skool changer skips like mad right with the subs like that.
    Actually isn't all that bad, with heavy base and a big bump it'll skip, I had this system in an 87 but it was my first car and had to drive it on our winter salted streets and rotted the car out. I was debating on weather or not to put the stereo back in as I lost interest in the big systems but the stock 6X9 and 4X6 sound horrible so I had no choice lol. And yeah the car is really clean thanks, this is why I want it running good lol. Hard to find these cars in good shape in my area. As for the K&N breathers, I like the look to and bought the car with them and just left them but the rubber dries out pretty quick on them and is horrible when changing the oil. Here is a pic of the floors, car is in great shape. Let me know when u had a look at the log. Thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZEDRATED; 08-21-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Yes, cold start was good and ran good, more of a rich smell in open loop I guess but pretty good as I didn't really smell it in the garage only standing behind the car. Yeah don't worry about tuning the smell lol. Let's get the numbers right. Huge difference than on the original bin for sure. Thanks.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    You must have had shitty installers, or shitty installs. I've rarely ever had issues with changers skipping, well back in the day when changers were still common. We used to install changers in bass heavy cars because they were less prone to skipping than in dash CD players. Also anything since about 2004 is very difficult to make skip, especially from the bass from the system. The suspensions have been improved greatly and really resist the shocks that were a problem in the '80s and '90s.

Of course now with the digital mass storage ability, using portable players or in car PCs, that is really a concern of the past.
    run some 15" sounstreams with a true old school 2000watt soundstream terantula mono block amp in a little daytona shelby turbo and tell me you can stop cd skip lol and yep i had the very same kenwood changer in that as Zed has, matter of fact i still have that changer or should i say had..as i just shelled it out just the other day for the case.
    it would loosen and remove the rear view mirror, and you couldnt sit in the car with it truely thumping without your eyes blurring and dont even get me going about watching the the soda bottles in coolers at conveniance stores bounce when you run in lol
    ahh the good old days of true uneeeded excess lol for subs i toned down to just 3 10inchers for the vette but that could change as i have no idea where to put the piccasso amps.

also kinda the point what better mass storage device then a pc, video, mp3's, gps, bluetooth, cell phone acess, logging, tunning, driving cams and record, backup cam, internet acess, sat radio etc.. you name it the versatility is there and in one unit. also hopeing to get around to adding widgets so i can have climate control from the pc as well.

and yep, open element breathers dont really do the scavenging job that pcv was intended to do.. it more or less just sucks fresh air from the breathers rather then scavenge, but that is a whole nother subject.
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-21-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    are they drag radials :P i love amuricans/canadiuns LOL

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by delcowizzid View Post
    are they drag radials :P i love amuricans/canadiuns LOL
    and we all love the Zoolanders too, er.....NewZlanders, err... well you know what i mean lol