Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: 86 Iroc 350 with 30lb injectors

Administrator
    these are the ones i saw posted here and a few other places as well but they just dont look belivable, what do you guys think? i'm wanting to go with the 1st set of offsets i listed as there more belivable to correct offsets of similer injectors.. just cant belive all the zeros in that second set, just seems odd.
    I have said, and will say again, you're likely to have better luck and more consistency if you get some GM injectors and sell those yellow Accel units to some other ... guy. Yes, replacing the injectors is something like work. But so is driving a car that runs well one day and poorly the next imo.

Do you think 24lb injectors are big enough for this set up?

Fuel Injected!
    so this is a TPIS miniram intake manifolded 350 with a cam

Yes. ZZ4 crate motor with the GM hot cam, tpis miniram intake and a 1000cfm BBK throttle body. 30lb Accel injectors.

Fuel Injected!
    i only have map based base tunes for camaros ive helped convert to 12p.and would require rewiring a map sensor and removing maf.ide help you out if you get stuck but you would need to change a little wiring around.12p is an easy code to tweak yourself rpmxmap tables make it easy

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    It's nothing to really use in tuning, just something to know.
    not with anything OBD1.... and only some OBD2. the LSx engines for example, have their regulator mounted in-tank i believe, and they don't reference vacuum. hence the need for an injector flowrate table that is referenced against MAP.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

these are the ones i saw posted here and a few other places as well but they just dont look belivable, what do you guys think? i'm wanting to go with the 1st set of offsets i listed as there more belivable to correct offsets of similer injectors.. just cant belive all the zeros in that second set, just seems odd.
    Yes it's odd but that is what I used because it is what others used and was derived from Ford Mustang which these injectors were originally built for.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I have said, and will say again, you're likely to have better luck and more consistency if you get some GM injectors and sell those yellow Accel units to some other ... guy. Yes, replacing the injectors is something like work. But so is driving a car that runs well one day and poorly the next imo.
    Yes good advice!

Here's my experiance with them. Cold start issues... hmmmm? Tuning when warmed up, fuel ends with a strange lump in table, does not look right but runs good. Hot start issues... hmmmm? Ever heard of this happening before? Both cold start and hot start I believe were from the Injector Vs Batt offsets. As the engine cranks, voltage drops... chart does not change. Now if you look at enough injector data you see that NONE are the same. Even differant size injectors from same manufacturer. Some have a linear slope and other not so linear and yet again others have a bump in middle. This is why this data is so important, it must match injector.

Even with a Wide Band O2 sensor and a better ECM and mask ID then $6E... Cold start took about a month of morning starts to get OK, not perfect just OK.

Hot start took a 12 hour day of restarting vehicle, driving 10 minutes, turning off for 10 minutes and restarting and was OK, not perfect but OK.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

If I switched the injectors would 24 lb injectors be big enough? Or should I get a 30lb Bosch. But for now I still want to continue on with Xtreamvette to see where we get and how many more birds we can knock out lol.

Fuel Injected!
    24's will goto around 300BHP at 80%D/C.any pics of under the bonnet aircleaner setup etc
    Last edited by delcowizzid; 08-20-2013 at 05:28 PM.

So 30lb imjectors sound reasonable as my motor should be making over 350 at the flywheel.

Which pics are you asking for exactly?

Fuel Injected!
    just an underbonnet shot of the whole engine bay showing all your maf piping etc.having a look at a $6E xdf you dont have a lot of injector settings to play with to zero in the 30's. im used to having 3 tables to setup injectors battery voltage compensation and pulsewidth addons etc.the last cammed v8 i did a few weeks ago was driving after 20 minutes tweaking idle and any cells we can hit sitting on the spot holding revs.after 50 miles of street tuning cruise areas we were blasting round at full throttle like mad men getting every last bit of acceleration out of it that we could.a simple cam intake and injector modded v8 doesnt take a rocket scientist to tune if you have the car onsite and they are familiar with the code and have all the settings needed at there disposal.my first delco ecu powered car i bought just to learn on got over 100 burnt chips put through it before i was happy with tuning back in the day before emulation LOL.nowdays its as easy as grab and drag the graph point for the cell you are running in and instantly changes while driving.

Here are some I had on my phone:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    The otr intake and maf close to throttle will be hard to tune with maf i know ls1 are and most go map.

Super Moderator
    i find it interesting that most 3800s had the MAF sensor integrated into the throttle body.... i'm not a fan of that design, seems like a lot of turblence would be experienced by the sensor, especially at lower throttle openings.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E