Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 86 Iroc 350 with 30lb injectors

Damn, you Americans have everything when it comes to performance stuff. We don't have crap up here in Canada lol. I guess not as much demand for it.
    Last edited by ZEDRATED; 08-23-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    sorry about delay as i had an isp outage.. but now we need to get our blm/int numbers back into shape here, so we again need to start back with a cold start and idle up to CL then 3-5 mins idle.. changes were a lil to try and help the cold start issue and change to try and get blm/int outta rich... may need another bin edit to get them where they belonge but for now just try this one.. if you try it quick enough we might have time for another edit and log in same day(i like those double whammys better ) lol

oh and in regaurd to injectors, the only ones i think have consistant published data for is the newer bosch III's used by ford as ford shares its info...but whatever i were to get i would make sure i had the offset numbers first. you might want to check with SouthBay Fuel Injectors i belive they have one of the lower prices for rebuilt(cleaned and flowed) injectors as well as can get flow/offset #'s.. F.I.C. would be another that can but i think there a lil more expensive.sets of 8 bosche type III's around $150.00 iirc

and we do not have everything here.. i for example had to get my walbro hi-perf FP from racetronix there in canada(had best price and most complete install kit for vette) they also offer injector services so they may very well be able to get offset #'s as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-23-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Ok, I will try this bin when I get a chance. Double whammy would be nice but the only time I can do it is in the evenings as I work Monday-Saturday. Not even sure if I will get a chance till Sunday but will try my best. Thanks.

Fuel Injected!
    your cart shows nothing whan we look at it..but you may be showing thesebut i dont know what your looking at(you can also see flow pattern in that link).... best is call john he is the owner of FIC, tell him what you want and tell him you need the injector pulse width correction vs batt voltage as well(preferably with all the numbers to match up to the $6E bin)less work if he gives numbers for the voltages in the table directly lol you can also get the info about the flow and what fp needed and ask him if that should be key on, running with vacc, without vacc etc
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-23-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Yes those are the ones I was looking at. Do you think a set of rebuilt are ok? Or should I buy new?

Fuel Injected!
    i wouldnt be afraid of used as long as there cleaned and flow matched as his are. reason being that i have seen 25yo injectors that once cleaned work perfectly, there is almost nothing in injectors that really wears out.. most anytime you see a bad injector it is either just gunked up and fixable by cleaning or the coil is burnt out and therefore junk but thats all i have ever seen go bad about injectors. FIC also has a warrentee and if you check aroung he is held in pretty high regaurd by people on the net for his business practices... i dont know how much new go for in comparison to his used/cleaned price but if its drastic i wouldnt be afraid of used from a repitable supply such as him.

It is a big price difference. I spoke to a sales man just now there named Cole. He said $400 for a new set of Bosch 3's and said he ccould give me voltage offset numbers but said that it isn't to big a deal on the OEM computer?
    I guess my best bet is to call in Monday morning and ask for John and say a friend from an online forum recommended me.

Contact southbayfuel injectors frank and Julie are great people use the code Tuned for a 10% discount.
    The injector voltage latency will work fine with stock calibration settings.

Fuel Injected!
    here is a Canada supplier on that auction site here i dont know anything about the company except they are in canada and price is higher then Soutbayfuelinjectors and probably FIC but then again i dont know ship rates to canada either.. just throwing another possible connection out for ya

I just spoke to Frank at Southbay, super nice guy, he said that he can do a set of Bosch 30lb for $180. He said he doesn't have any offset numbers and to look them up online. I also spoke to a tuner in my area and says that the Accel are more than likely made by bosch and should have the same offsets has a 30lb bosch? Shipping would be $30 to me. I'm thinking for $200 and change I should just order a set of bosch 3's from either FIC or Southbay but I'll call John Monday at FIC and see if he can supply voltage corrections with his injectors. Thanks.

Fuel Injected!
    atm i'm not overly worried about your injectors and offsets, they seem to handle the fan no prob now looking at fan on from last log and we will see about the headlight voltage change l8r. with that said ya i too have read that accel injectors are made by bosch as are the ford injectors so all should be close but for some reason there is alot of descrepancy with numbers from diff sources.. it would bother me more all the bad press that accels get for being inconsistant and some sites say, and i quote"junk".
    i will say however that exact numbers for the exact injectors would be super great.

now that said idk because i dont have really any experiance with them or there behavior and untill this blm/int is all sorted again from the changes i cant really say but just for fun at the end of the log you have to do after the 3-5min CL idle go ahead and turn on the headlights and log additional 3mins idle with them on so i can take a look(kinda kill 2 birds with one stone or in this case asphyxiate 2 birds with one session)

HAHAHAHA, that hilarious about the birds lol. I will do the log when we I get a chance with the headlights off then on llikes said for 3 minutes after 3-5 minutes of closed loop idle. Later on maybe we should try bosch 30lb voltage offsets but I may just go ahead and grab a set next week but by the time they ship here it'll be a while anyways.

What do you guys think about these?