Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: 86 Iroc 350 with 30lb injectors

86 Iroc 350 with 30lb injectors

OK Xtreamvette, let's go for it. You wanted the word from the last post? You got it. Let's do this. Start fresh and let's see where we can get. My tuner is leaving Tuesday to head back up north for work so there is no way we can fix it in one night so I will call him tomorrow and I guess there goes $600 down the drain!

You think I closed that thread to start this all over? Forget it! But I am a very patient and forgiving person, so if you want to try this again it's OK. If someone wants to help you? Fine. You must show some ability to learn, listen and follow instructions and show results!

Understand?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Ok, I want to try a bin from scratch with Xtreamvette and see where we get. Thanks.

Fuel Injected!
    if you are truely sure that you want to persue this building of a bin rather then finish with your tuner then ok, but i wouldnt just say bye bye to the $600. but ya this thread isnt about that i guess.

so ok here is probably the most suitable base i can find for your application.. yes its for a 350, yes its for al. heads, yes its for around 10:1cr, yes its manual...etc etc etc.

i have already set the preliminaries..FI size, FI inj vs batt offsets(accels recomended), base timing, fans disabled, egr disabled, vats disabled etc yadda yadda ....

to start out we will need a log showing from startup on into closed loop(please include nothing but idle for the whole warmup into closed loop as well as at least 3-5 mins in closed loop as well as at least 3-5mins of idle at full operating temp) so we can get a base foundation for the proper AFR for idle.
    Also please be very specific in things you notice durring logging about how its running, smells etc, take notes if needed as i do and post this info with your log.

we couldhave continued with the zz4 bin but i have pretty much lost track of where we were in that one.

here is what we will be using..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-19-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Ok thanks and yes I want to try this. I will deal with my tuner today but let's just forget about him, his bin and his cheating ways. I will burn this bin and log as soon as I get a chance. This is going to be a long process so I will do everything you ask asap. Thanks again for your time and patience.

Here is the log you requested, fuel pressure is set to 44psi KOEO. It was running really rough and shut off once and kept wanting to shut off unless I gave it some throttle, as soon as it went into closed loop I guess the O2 started adjusting and it then was idling good. In closed loop smelled a little rich. I am going to order a wideband O2 sensor off ebay tomorrow since I have a bung welded in I might as well put one in. Thanks again for your time, let me know what you think. Also can we adjust the idle to 825, this car really seems to like that idle speed. Sorry if sometimes I sound illiterate, most of the times I am typing off my iPhone, wish they had an app that could tune my car lmao!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ZEDRATED; 08-20-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Oh, I forgot to mention, after I logged it I went to touch the computer and the metal plate near where the connectors plug into was quite warm, is this normal?

Fuel Injected!
    ok first part of log has similer problems to what i've been having with logging as well l8ly, maybe mark can take a peek at that and see another example of the issue..

atm your running max lean so dont run it with this chip till i get some editing done to get it much closer, k.

i will try to fill you in on everything i do and notice so we can all learn, unfortunatly the begining of the log is worthless to me but i think i can at least zero in the AFR alot closer from the rest because atm as i said it is way way off, max lean atm.

i will review the log closer and update if i notice anything else and then i will post another bin.

as for the ecm being hot.. how hot? i know mine runs around 90*+ , nobody said that was not normal so i'm guessing 90+ must be ok depending on the plus of course.

oh forgot to mention the changes i plan right now that i know of right away.. i plan to richen the mix initially by changing the injector size which is now set @ 30# but i have a accel spec sheet that states the injector flow rate at i think 40 or 41psi fp and i have to look but they rate them below the 30# so that will richen the mix some and possible a good amount(now before you say anything about the rich smell, yep i did hear you and i know but keep in mind that the ecm is dumping as much fuel in as it can to try and richen it up atm) i will have to dig that spec sheet back out.

btw is your fan set for like 180* atm? its fine just see a volt drop wondering if thats it.

also just for future referance is your MAF stock, aftermarket, screened, or descreened?
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-20-2013 at 03:27 AM.

Yes they get hot. IT's normal.

-= =-

Super Moderator
    yeah, noticably warm.... to the point of uncomfortable to touch for more than a few seconds if run long enough at decent ambient temps.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

*Smelled* As in: "That guy smelled a lot like whiskey." "Smelt" is something completely different.

Just a pet peeve of mine, when the wrong synonym or word is used, but is done so by many people.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Smelt = bait fish!

So why does MAP in $6E logs do nothing?

-= =-

Because 6E is MAF...

Super Moderator
    not only MAF, but MAF only.

if that makes sense.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

I understand that. But there is MAP in data and it is not baro?

-= =-