Thread: 16168625 BHAN modifications for TBI to TPI conversion questions>>

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The 16168625 will run $0D just fine. I have personally done it.

I also have a 16197427 based MPFI system. I simply followed all the instructions in the MPFI zip file linked above. I have the jumper wire installed in my memcal, because thats what the zip file said to do. I have not had a chance to try it without the jumper wire, as I have been tied up with work, and installing some headers and trying to get to the exhaust shop to put my exhaust back on. So I have been driving it very little lately. But seeing the posts lately about some saying yes you need it, and some saying you dont, has made me very curious.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

The only thing that makes sense at this point is the jumper was needed before the bit for CFI/MPFI was found? Still does not explain why mine runs great without the jumper and horrible with...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

And mine seems to run great with it, but I have never tried it without it. So it makes me really curious.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    The only thing that makes sense at this point is the jumper was needed before the bit for CFI/MPFI was found? Still does not explain why mine runs great without the jumper and horrible with...
    Sure it does. You've tuned it to run with injector pules w every DRP, instead of with every other. You need to re-tune when the jumper is added, because the injector firing frequency has changed.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Thank you all for the input!
    I appreciate your patience with me!

I have 2 spare PCM's. One is set up with Craigs G1 and ziff and I have a few chips I got from him as well to play with. That's whats been running my truck for the past 2 years or so.

I think I'll get another G1 and Ziff for the second PCM so I'll have 2 usable PCM's and leave the OEM one alone.

I'll do the memcal jumper in one and not in the other, and go from there. And bypass the resistors in both? Easy enough to solder in a jumper over the resistors, and later snip a set out of one PCM and see what goes?

I am still cloudy on the “ASYNC SHORT BPW OFFSET VS. BPW” Looks Like I leave this set to off for MPFI.

The MPFI definitions XLS is for version 4 TunerPro, and $0E. Try and match up what I can? I am using TunerPro V5.

I am actually a new user to TunerPro, as I have been using TunerCat for years. The file definition for my $e6 did not have Injector offset parameters...so I downloaded TunerPro and donated. It has a lot more parameters to look at.

This is getting good!
    I have tuned a couple different cars PCM's and Ecm's. (LT1's and L98- MAF systems) I have a moderately modded LT1 Formula that runs well on the Tweaked 16188051.
    I do not know how to decipher code though. I get lost and covered up quick there.

I have never tried to switch injection systems and re-tune the same PCM for the new system.

And no real speed density experience really yet. I can see where a program like “VE Master” would be nice. Found references to an old program that Craig wrote years ago, but can find no downloads for it.
    Think it was called VE PHD or something.

I can see I may foul a few plugs to get it running decent enough to drive, data log, and tweak! That's fine.

Again, Thank you all so much for the input...I still have questions, and am digesting what you have given me.

The dead links I run into from old posts is what is frustrating for someone digging up old information.

Thank you,
    Keith

In searching more I found this thread here http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...r-Spread-Sheet and see there is an excel spread sheet for use with TunerPro RT that someone was kind enough to write.

Guess when I get it running, I should get this program (TunerPro RT) as well, and learn how to data log with it, and then modify the VE tables.
    Just never have been to excel savy..

I have a snap on live data scanner (Solus) that I use for tuning information, and datamaster for my LT1 stuff, but the TunerPro RT looks like it's well worth the $39.

There is a lot of knowledge here..just have to keep digging and looking...

Thank you,

Keith

Your putting it all together fast. Here's a thread on how to use the spreadsheet. It looks long at first. With data in hand it only takes me 5 minutes to redo VE tables from spreadsheet.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-data-Tutorial!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-