Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
If we, the USA taxed products imported to US the same as we tax our own? It would be a fair playing field...
Fair'er' but mostly I agree. It's amazing how the gross exploitation of labor markets just keeps going on seemingly free of government regulation, taxation or reasonable tarrifs. I dont know how people in the US expect to compete with labor from countries without a social security system, OSHA/EPA regulations, collective bargining, well followed labor laws or a sue happy culture.

Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
I have been looking for a compressor on line, I noticed auto zone has lowered their warranty down to 3 months that was on all their compressors.
Some of the warranty periods are just ridiculous nowadays. I remember even as late as the 90s you could go into any store and pick up a starter, ps pump, alternator, radiator plus a lot more stuff with full lifetime warranties. Today it seems like you're lucky to get a 30day warranty.

I say fk them all, just fix these things yourself and don't deal with this crap. Especially with the AC compressor and master cylinder stories in this thread. Why even bother?