Quote Originally Posted by phonedawgz View Post
FTDI is still having troubles with their drivers. I have two batches of FT232RL boards here. One of the batches works 100% with the 2.08.30 (8.1.2013 release). The other batch works only 10% on the new .30 driver, or .28 or .24. 2.08.14 solves the problem however and works on all of them.

Below is the CDM 2.08.14 exe program. Down load it, unzip it and then run Setup_CDM2.08.14.exe. That will load the .14 drivers onto your PC. Then in Device Manager "update" BOTH the USB Serial Port (Under Ports (COM & LPT) and under Universal Serial Bus controllers update the entry USB Serial Converter.

In Update select "Install from a list or specific location" then choose "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install." Next you should see a screen with the drivers in your computer's library along with the 2.08.14. Select that for BOTH entries in Device manager.

You might have to reboot after this procedure, however I found that I did not have to.

Here is the installer for CDM 2.08.14 in my dropbox - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%202.08.14.zip
Was having all manner of problems with bins verifying after uploading to AutoProm (see here: http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php?p=12710#12710). So plugged in AutoProm and installed FTDI version 2.08.14 recommended here. Problem solved. Have 2-3 yr old HP laptop Win7 64 bit. Previous version of driver was 2.8.2.0.
But here are deviations from the quoted post:
  • FTDI Driver installed and automatically updated both the COM Port and the USB Converter to the new Driver version. Nothing else to do.
  • Windows does not show the installation of the new Driver package in Control Panel/Programs and Features - not listed. And v2.8.2.0 also was not shown.
  • But Windows does show "Windows Driver package - FTDI CDM Driver package (10/21/2009 2.06.00)", and it's listed twice. Have no clue what these are for, so reluctant to delete them.

Just curious as to why the above are listed and the new installation is not?