Thread: TunerPro Version 5 Tips thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TunerPro Version 5 Tips thread

The longer I use TunerPro the more I like it. I keep finding things that just make things easier and easier. So I figured I would start a thread for the one I found today! Then as I remeber others I will add them. Please feel free to add your tips and tricks to this thread as it's a team effort and not a one man show here.

Once you have your TP open and bin, XDF and ADX loaded up right click on the top tool bar and you will get a box of tools options. I check them all! But the tip I found today was in the view toolbar called Paremeter Comments. If you hover over a paremeter you can start to read the comment but it goes away and you have to move cursur off then back on, over and over again, I thought there has to be a better way. Go over to the Paremeter tree and click on anything to open it. Once it's open look for a little icon in the toolbar that looks like a paragraph, it's in the view toolbar and click on it. It will display the comments for the Scaler, Flags or Tables paremeter you have open. I haven't figured out yet how to edit or add to these comments but I'm sure it's there!

EDIT: Greg pointed out how to edit the comments so I figured I would add it here with the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregs78cam
    Right click on the parameter and then click edit XDF parameter. then new window opens with all the info for that parameter.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    The longer I use TunerPro the more I like it. I keep finding things that just make things easier and easier. So I figured I would start a thread for the one I found today! Then as I remeber others I will add them. Please feel free to add your tips and tricks to this thread as it's a team effort and not a one man show here.

Once you have your TP open and bin, XDF and ADX loaded up right click on the top tool bar and you will get a box of tools options. I check them all! But the tip I found today was in the view toolbar called Paremeter Comments. If you hover over a paremeter you can start to read the comment but it goes away and you have to move cursur off then back on, over and over again, I thought there has to be a better way. Go over to the Paremeter tree and click on anything to open it. Once it's open look for a little icon in the toolbar that looks like a paragraph, it's in the view toolbar and click on it. It will display the comments for the Scaler, Flags or Tables paremeter you have open. I haven't figured out yet how to edit or add to these comments but I'm sure it's there!

EDIT: Greg pointed out how to edit the comments so I figured I would add it here with the tip.
    i know this is old but you can also just hit F2 and all the info will show up too