Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAUTION big gremlins problems ahead

Sounds like you had a corrupt bin?

If I can find time later I'll look at your log. Glad your issue is gone!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Sounds like you had a corrupt bin?

If I can find time later I'll look at your log. Glad your issue is gone!
    great thanks , i would appretiate that. i'm going to try to find time to burn another chip here as well.... time is so scarce, time is money and yet you cant buy time with money hmmm
    idk if it was corrupt or not i got the ok flicker from the ses light and all, no codes . chip was burnt and mailed to me on anti-static foam so im doubting corrupt(sad part is it came from a tuner too)

and before you ask.. no i didnt pay for it nor was i ever asked to, he just offered it thinking my issue may have been with my burning of chips, but figuring anything he made would be better then anything i could make is what my grief was all about... see there is that gunshy low confidance showing its ugly head again and causing me problems lol
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-10-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Learn to use the Compare feature of TunerPro and Difference tool! It will tell you exactly what was different between first bin and your new bin.

Corrupt could be a lot of things from complete failure to complete human screwup or even a Parameter change in TunerPro that was not built properly.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    yep i've been playing alot with the compare feature but didnt bother with that chip because the base bin i made is already tons better so i'm just going to continue building on that and move on rather then diognose the other bin.

btw is there a source for ijector info someplace? like delay calibrations vs volts for differant injuctors factory for gm and also for the ford injectors including the ford/bosch type III's as well

and ya i cannot lie.. im sure couriosity will get the better of me and i will resarch that chip a lil and maybe try and fix it, might be good practice.
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-10-2013 at 01:16 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    good to see you got it sorted.tuning is meant to be fun and it sucks when funny issues pop up.ive had cars take 3 days to find all the problems with them while tuning and wastes a lot of fuel LOL.

now the fun can begin and you can get some HP :D

Quote Originally Posted by xtreamvette69 View Post
    btw is there a source for ijector info someplace? like delay calibrations vs volts for differant injuctors factory for gm and also for the ford injectors including the ford/bosch type III's as well
    Although there are no real part numbers this can be used to get at least a starting point for many different injectors:

http://injector-rehab.com/shop/lag.html
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    ok so basically for example... using a higher number for given voltage then the injector really needs would create a richer state and lower number then needed a lean state, correct?

like lets say for example: injector a says 0.86 at 12v and your running it in the 12 volt range but its set for lets say 1.22 then this would cause a rich condition in that range, correct? i'm assuming that the number is inj pulse.

also am i right in assuming the numbers on the link are in msec(miliseconds) and my bin tables use usec(microseconds)?
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-11-2013 at 01:43 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by delcowizzid View Post
    good to see you got it sorted.tuning is meant to be fun and it sucks when funny issues pop up.ive had cars take 3 days to find all the problems with them while tuning and wastes a lot of fuel LOL.

now the fun can begin and you can get some HP :D
    lol fun? hp? lets hope huh

Fuel Injected!
    and still no comments on how that log looks like if the staticy looking lines are to be expected that way as opposed to the neat strait lines of other things.
    i'm patient, the answers will come lol

Looked OK to me, I used my ADX and it does not have much work done like yours... no histroy tables etc...

The only line I saw staticy was O2 sensor which is supposed to swing.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    ok thanks Mark. btw do you mind me calling you mark? anyhow appretiate you giving it a look, now maybe if i ever get time i can start tuning it.

so i guess this can be marked solved and i can move on to a new thread when i get around to tuning.

I've been called worse...

-= =-