Thread: $58 timing with DIS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    We always do XDF with no issues? I downloaded and changed the name... still no go. Opened it in Note pad and it looks fine? Something wrong?
    I've done all the same, not sure what the issue is. I had a similar issue with another XDF that I had previously, but had the zip version of it, re-unzipped it, and it worked fine.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Administrator
    Well, at least you can report an honest to goodness bug to Mark M. Any attempt to save that definition under a different filename results in a corrupt definition. I've run a small series of tests using good definitions including that one using various permutations of the filename and it won't work. Zipping and unzipping does not fix it. Yet I can save other definitions correctly, and can even save another definition to that file name using overwrite, and there are no problems. TP and TPRT are adding data to the definition file during the save. Here's the result of a lod and save under a different file name.

1. C:\Documents and Settings\ShannenD\My Documents\TunerPro Files\Bin Definitions\58_2Bar_1.3.xdf: 278,740 bytes
    2. C:\Documents and Settings\ShannenD\My Documents\TunerPro Files\Bin Definitions\58_2Bar_1.31.xdf: 396,886 bytes

I've deleted the corrupt file. I'v attached two different XDFs which are confirmed to save and reload properly. One is an older version of Rob Rauscher's $58 definition and one appears to be a 2 and 3 BAR compatible version of the 1.3 definition. They are correct for the spark limits but I have no idea if they are correct anywhere else. Both files are attached. If you find glaring errors in either, please advise.

The hex values for the limits you want are $FFE4 (max advance) and $FF39 (max retard). If all else fails you could manually enter them into the .bin and use the version 1.3 definition for other editing.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for posting these xdfs. I will attempt again tomorrow and see how things go.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Administrator
    Any updates?

No, I wasn't able to get to it tonight, too many other things that were more important.

I did go through and compare some XDFs, in the three values we are concerned with here, max advance/retard and reference angle. And the forumulas were the same between them, the only difference being signed/unsigned for a couple of the values, and I did change those settings in the XDFs I had.

I'm starting with a fresh bin, just in case anything was corrupted previously.

The one thing that strikes me as odd, is the F28 in one of the XDFs you posted shows very different values, due to the conversion. It shows very small values, of less than one (decimal values) where other XDFs shows complete values, usually in the 130 and up range.

Fuel Injected!
    i tested some of these codes years ago and a lot wernt good when changing reference settings for dis it would just lock timing due to hard coding in the bins not allowing changes if i remember right $59 had changes to allow dis changes

Well, 1project2many says he had $58 running his DIS Sunbird years ago, so unless there was another change that he's forgot to mention, I'd think it should work. I can't imagine him driving around with locked timing.