Thread: How many E fans? Turned AC advice!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    a few questions and comments come to mind..
    first off if things are as you describe with the voltage dropping while connected it would seem you have high resistance on the a/c clutch coil, did you check it? would be nice to know for comparison to your new one. doesnt sound normal but idk what the specs would be for resistance of the coil and drop when hooked up are truely supposed to be.

i'm going to assume that the a/c was all working "properly" (have to assume because you only say it was working "pretty good"). could the clutch have been slipping and not turning the compressor all of the time from the compressor turning too hard under the load of compressing? possibly overcharged system? but that probably wouldnt have melted the plug but high resistance in the coil and even the melted plug could have been secondary from the cause of the clutch slipping and getting hot and cooking everything. other things to consider as errors would be..where was the a/c oil added?(what components and how much in each or was oil just added with charge) how much a/c oil was added?
    just because it was hired done dosnt mean it was done right.

could just have been the compressor but my point is to not always blame the new part before looking into it further, i have seen alot of people replace the same "bad new part" over and over only to later find the true issue or just get lucky enough to cure the issue by accident. there are many times multiple possibilities of causes for problems.

and onto fan/fans depending on fitment(your radiator size) look into the lincoln mark 8 2-speed fan and volvo relay.. more fan then you could ever need and a very nice efficiant shroud assembly.
    Last edited by xtreamvette69; 08-09-2013 at 08:42 AM.