Thread: 2009 Corvette ls3 cal needed

Fuel Injected!

2009 Corvette ls3 cal needed

I need a calibration file for a 2009 corvette ls3for pcm service number 12625455. If anyone could please help.

Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    Unless the E38 already has a 2009 Corvette calibration loaded, you can't flash in a 2009 Corvette *.cal and expect the ETC to be functional.

By example - if the E38 is from a truck / van / SUV, or is new from GM - it must have the 2009 Corvette calibration loaded with a Tech 2 first. Only a Tech 2 can load the ETC programming - no tuning software can read this portion of the ECM, as it is a "Write only" section - and therefore has nothing to write to this portion of the ECM.

Fuel Injected!
    I had the same issue changing from a auto the manual calibration on 2010 Camaro. The changes to the drive by wire software caused throttle to stop responding if you just flashed with TC OBD2. I think now if you try to full flash with a .cal, the software will tell you its in-compatible, and will not let you flash. I have GM MDI and GM TIS to flash for application with VIN, then use the CAL. This explains it a little more, this was email from John at TunerCat.

"This can be a problem if you are switching applications with a particular ECM. There are 8 calibration modules in these calibrations. Modules 7 and 8 are used by a secondary microprocessor in the ECM and are not typically used in the calibration process. These modules are not read, modified or reprogrammed by the WinFlash OBDII program so the program will not allow you to program an ECM with a particular calibration file if the modules 7 & 8 associated with that calibration are different from the modules 7 & 8 that are currently stored in the ECM.

The GM system does reprogram modules 7 & 8 so you can change applications using that. SO what you'll need to do is reprogram the ECM with the stock calibration that you want to start with using the GM system. Then you'll be able to tune it with the OBDII Tuner program.

Best regards,
    TC"

At the time, TunerCAT OBD2 was the only software that would warn you and prevent you from programming. HP tuners would freely flash calibrations in the PCM regardless to if the modules 7 & 8 matched or not.
    Last edited by busta9876; 08-12-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Stock 2009 C6 cal, 12625455. Best of all it came out of an Atomic Orange car. <3
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the info. and for the cal file. I remember reading this somewhere before. We need to come up with a way to reprogram these without paying for an expensive gm subscription.