Thread: Good PCM Hacking Tools For OSX

Good PCM Hacking Tools For OSX

This is a work in progress!

Be sure to post the tools you use in the comments :)

Windows Tools

LS1 Flash Tool - Still in development, but you can tell it has a future here.

TunerPro - Has ability to tune and scan, a must have.

WinOLS - Great program, hex editor, has a 2D and 3D view, and more. Great for locating maps in a binary.

HxD Hex Editor - Hex editor.

wOBD - This is a great tool, sadly last update is from 2006. Still a great app, say you want to poll every pid at $22, $3C? This is it.

IDA - Disassembler and debugger.

DISMOT68 - Two pass Motorola 6833X disassembler. Support definition files and structure.

STNTerm - Terminal for ELM and STN.

OS X Tools

Synalyze It! - It's the best hex editor I've used. You can make configs called grammar, highlight bytes, label them and a ton more. Make sure to try the grammar that is provided with the program, pretty neat stuff. Here's a bin I just started working on...

CoolTerm - Well this one is cross platform but only tried OSX version. It has support for AppleScripts, and works great.

Wine - It lets you run Windows programs on OSX.

Linux Tools
    Last edited by Durahax; 07-30-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Cool stuff there Durahax!

Is there anyway to run Synalyze It in Windows?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Cool stuff there Durahax!

Is there anyway to run Synalyze It in Windows?
    It's written in Cocoa, so probably not? I can't say for sure, I really wish it was cross platform. Someone will eventually take the idea to windows, it's to good not to :)

You need Oracle Virtualbox or the like to run tunerpro in windows. I prefer to just use a real computer.

Kidding. I have used VB on both Linux and Unix with EFILive and tunerpro. Works just fine.
    94 Blazer, Turbo'd 350 TBI - DD
    1991 2500 Suburban Adventure truck - 4wd conversion, 4-link F/R, 582ci CNP Big Block with Terminator X EFI backed by a 6L90 and twin stick'd NP205 t-case
    2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo - Date night car :)
    1979 16' Action Marine/"Johnny Cash" Merc Bridgeport Champ Motor - Metalflake Maniac

Virtualbox is my personal favorite when it comes to a VM, I would also rather boot to Windows over the VM. Refit is a must on the Mac, I just pick the OS I want from boot menu at startup :)

Attached Images Attached Images

TunerPro also has some helpful tools built in for finding hex locations from bin file, like a hex viewer, 2d and 3d veiws, as you find stuff can add them to XDF.

Here's another one desinged for vehicle ECU, looks like some of the same tools as TunerPRo and more. I've never used it and don't know the cost?
    http://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/software/

But looks like what a lot of guys are using? Has an impresive list of vehicles and since the last time I looked has added some Chevy LS engine ECU...
    http://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/checksum.asp

-= =-

TunerPro also has some helpful tools built in for finding hex locations from bin file, like a hex viewer, 2d and 3d veiws, as you find stuff can add them to XDF.

Here's another one desinged for vehicle ECU, looks like some of the same tools as TunerPRo and more. I've never used it and don't know the cost?
    http://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/software/

But looks like what a lot of guys are using? Has an impresive list of vehicles and since the last time I looked has added some Chevy LS engine ECU...
    http://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/checksum.asp
    I should turn this into a general PCM hacking software thread, I have a ton of good Windows stuff. WinOLS is a great program for sure, I only used the demo version though :) Wonder what the paid system costs?

Quote Originally Posted by Durahax View Post
    I should turn this into a general PCM hacking software thread, I have a ton of good Windows stuff.
    Go for it!

If you can't change title just tell me what you want. It will probably make a sticky!

I've been working on a LS1b-PCM 1220411 OS 1221256 xdf for TunerPro using the 2d, 3d tools mentioned above from TunerPro as we don't have a .dsm or asm to work with. But Dimented24x7 had released one for 2001 LS1b-PCM 1220411-OS12202088 with xdf and a lot is the same! Other stuff has moved a few lines here and there.

We have another thread somewhere collecting some Cal Docs which has helped.

Before that we had nothing to work with and some of the guys here who are good with assembly in OBDI stuff were not having much luck getting me going.

-= =-

Go for it!

If you can't change title just tell me what you want. It will probably make a sticky!

I've been working on a LS1b-PCM 1220411 OS 1221256 xdf for TunerPro using the 2d, 3d tools mentioned above from TunerPro as we don't have a .dsm or asm to work with. But Dimented24x7 had released one for 2001 LS1b-PCM 1220411-OS12202088 with xdf and a lot is the same! Other stuff has moved a few lines here and there.

We have another thread somewhere collecting some Cal Docs which has helped.

Before that we had nothing to work with and some of the guys here who are good with assembly in OBDI stuff were not having much luck getting me going.
    I updated the OP, much better now. Thanks for the advice too, it's tuff getting going. Trying to change that though :)

Quote Originally Posted by Durahax View Post
    I should turn this into a general PCM hacking software thread, I have a ton of good Windows stuff. WinOLS is a great program for sure, I only used the demo version though :) Wonder what the paid system costs?
    Have to go to customer login for prices, but no way to register?

I'm wondering what it would cost as well?

-= =-

I had emailed them on Winols and in email said they said only supply to tuning companies and to provide a trading license which I assume is a business license?? and the name address and phone of company

We can do that, but how much?

-= =-

They wanted that info before I guess they have me a price ill fwd the email to you mark

Carb and Points!
    hey new to this forum I'm trying to find away to program the ls1b pcm to only need the cam sensor as I'm trying to convert the pcm to run one a older v8 that doesn't have a crank pickup and isn't room to put on on the front of the balancer so ive been trying to find away to get the pcm to trigger from just the cam or etha put a crank pik up in the old dissy but it wouldn't have a top dead lobe as it will spin twice as fast as the crank does..