Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: LS1 Flash Tool Released

Quote Originally Posted by antus View Post
    Knowing people are waiting and want it helps provide the motivation to make time to work on it.
    I want it. I will even PayPal a deposit in advance to help "Incentivize" the project.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB, 5.0, 4L80e, Moser M60, 4.10 gear, Homemade twin turbo w/Junkyard T3 turbos, 24x CNP, 12200411 PCM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lextech View Post
    I want it. I will even PayPal a deposit in advance to help "Incentivize" the project.

Jeff

X2^^^^^^

An afforadable LS fash program with no highway robbery licenceing, who would not want it?
    I would even be willing to toss a little money your way too.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

I'm seriously interested in a cable and the software.

I was trying to look into what cable will work with the software and where I could get it from, but with school, my time has been too limited to do this.

So give me a price and any pertinent details, and we go from there.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Pretty much in above post. Right now would be cable only at $300.

It only works with AVT cables at this point and you have to have an account with them, no individual sales. Antus from Delcohacking has the account and offered the USA re seller end to me/GearHead-EFI.com

They are working on a cheaper cable, but it will never be as good as the AVT.

When we get 5 then either PayPal or mail me a check so I can get the order in, shipped to me and then reshipped back out. They will not drop ship.

1. Six Shooter
    2. Lextech
    3. mechanicman
    I'm on the fence for this. I can read / write / tune with my EFI Live V2. I could spend $3K for an EFI Live Stream License for unlimited flashes, but that would be for only one type of PCM (LS1B aka 1999 ~ 2009 LSx, E38, E67, E37, E40, E35, E60, ect). Should I spend $300 for a cable only? If I'm understanding this correctly, at this point in time, the cable and software would allow read only (.bin file) and data logging only (TunerPro RT)?

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I'm on the fence for this. I can read / write / tune with my EFI Live V2. I could spend $3K for an EFI Live Stream License for unlimited flashes, but that would be for only one type of PCM (LS1B aka 1999 ~ 2009) all the others are another $3000 like LSx, E38, E67, E37, E40, E35, E60, ect.) Should I spend $300 for a cable only? If I'm understanding this correctly, at this point in time, the cable and software would allow read only (.bin file) and data logging only (TunerPro RT)?

dave w
    I fixed your post in bold! And at this point only Ls1b is being developed for write in Flash Tool.

Currently the Flash tool does not write, correct. Well it does but not to point of release. This group buy is for cables only to help guys in development stages. Software when ready for public write will be s seperate sale at $100.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Good to see the interest :)

dave, you are correct about what you can currently do. I do expect write to get there, but until its done its possible (but unlikely) that show stoppers will come up. EFI Live is a great package and if you are a shop that can afford the stream licensing its probably what I would do. BEN Maps and cut and paste and multiply with labels is a great feature :) (I did a professional EFILive course a couple of weeks ago)....

As for my software the wideband and DTC support for the cable is in Jaymes current ADX. available here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2314

The current development copy of the software can talk to the control part of the flash chip, and I have it reporting the manufacturer ID and part ID and it will tell you what chip it is from a lookup table. This will be useful for the 1mbit PCMs. I expect those to be an AMD chip whereas the 512kb are intel. Support will be possible but will come after the 512kb support is debugged (yes, the first cut is written - its coming together now).

OK, that's four!
    Does anyone have a LS1B .xdf, .adx, & .xdl I can preview?

dave w

Not knowing anything about the cable, what makes it special/different that makes it so expensive, and why couldnt something like the autoprom be used? All this OBD2 stuff is new to me, I'm just wanting to learn.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Does anyone have a LS1B .xdf, .adx, & .xdl I can preview?

dave w
    Here's what we have so far.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...S1-PCM-Project!

I've used the ADX files made by Jayme at Delcohacking. For anyone familiar with tuning OBDI and useing TunerPro Rt it's a simple transition.

I also used Dimented24x7 xdf and dissasembly along with TunerPro tools along with about 100 hours and found most everything is simalar, identical or close in the 12212156 OS which is the one everyone will want to use and handles the Vortec. Maybe anther 20-40 hours of work and testing and it will be a complete XDF with auto trans functions as well.

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    I fixed your post in bold! And at this point only Ls1b is being developed for write in Flash Tool.

Currently the Flash tool does not write, correct. Well it does but not to point of release. This group buy is for cables only to help guys in development stages. Software when ready for public write will be s seperate sale at $100.
    Any new info on the inexpensive cable and the software that will write to a 411?

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry no news, having trouble finding time amongst other projects. Still want to complete this!

subscribed

if this is the site for the avt cables OMG thats expensive...
    http://www.avt-hq.com/price.htm
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Carb and Points!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by antus View Post
    Thanks for the interest, knowing people are waiting and want it helps provide the motivation to make time to work on it.
    Crawling out of the woodwork to let you know that people are waiting, deep in the woodwork, and do want.

Still waiting for number 5 to sign up for the group buy of the AVT cables? Spread the word...

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-AVT-852-cable!

-= =-