Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: LS1 Flash Tool Released

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by antus View Post
    Has anyone with a avt cable other than eaglemark had a chance to try it? Its the same cable as tunercat uses for obd2 and I think there are a number of them around, but more in the USA than Australia. I expect it to be widely compatible but am looking forward to hearing how people go with it.
    I had a little free time the other day - so I gave it a go. I selected four 512KB PCMs from inventory - two with Service Number 09354896 (one with a 1999 OS, the other with a 2000 OS), and two with Service Number 12200411 (one with a 2001 OS, the other with a 2002 OS).

Each PCM was read with: PCMHacking.net software, TunerCat, HP Tuners, and EFILive (twice - once with V7.5 software, once with V8 software).

The PCMHacking.net software had very respectable read times (see attached PDF chart), and saved a *bin which was readable by the other softwares - therefore in no way corrupt.

The only minor issues (which are more aesthetic in nature than functional) were that the PCMHacking.net software identified all of the PCMs as being 12200411 variants, and indicated that all of the PCMs were locked (which technically they are, by the OEM - however most tuning software with this parameter use it to indicate a tuner lock / custom lock of some sort).

Awesome work Antus !

Attached is a PDF chart of areas I examined, and the results between the various software.

Fuel Injected!
    I still have my original serial tunercat cable,I'll download and bench test a few pcm's from the shelf as well and try it out.Game changer for the licensing scammers imo.
    Between TP and tiny tuner that should cover the LS and V6 market for tuning without license's at least up till 2004ish?
    Now just need some more definition/ADX files onhand.
    With all the "spare" time I could spend in front of a computer I wish I could figure out how to make the def/adx files myself to help out.

Administrator
    Will this software make attempts to communicate with GM PCM's that are not distributed through GM North America?

Quote Originally Posted by Playtoy_18 View Post
    Game changer for the licensing scammers imo.
    I'm just hoping the big companies that do this, do not try and use their money to stop this software from being released.
    Ever since I saw this thread, I have been really excited.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    Buzz: thanks for the detailed level of testing, much appreciated. I dont think there is a way to get the pcm service number from the pcm, so to properly identify a 9354896 pcm I will need to create a list of OEM service numbers to OSID. The actual pcms arnt any different, and the operating systems are interchangeable. Especially as I start supporting 1mb pcms I'll need to do this.

1project2many: It will attempt to communicate with any VPW pcm. There is nothing different about the 12200411 and 9354896 pcms distributed in different parts of the world, and I am in australia developing against aussie vehicles. Even unsupported VPW pcms should display info, and depending how similar to the '0411 they are they might read or might not. I have been advised that LB7 duramax OSID 15189044 and 3904405 DO read. Possibly others but I will need OSIDs to whitelist them. This was just a fluke though, I dont have intention to support write on those yet as I have never even seen one. Maybe one day, though.

Buzz: thanks for the detailed level of testing, much appreciated. I dont think there is a way to get the pcm service number from the pcm, so to properly identify a 9354896 pcm I will need to create a list of OEM service numbers to OSID. The actual pcms arnt any different, and the operating systems are interchangeable. Especially as I start supporting 1mb pcms I'll need to do this.

1project2many: It will attempt to communicate with any VPW pcm. There is nothing different about the 12200411 and 9354896 pcms distributed in different parts of the world, and I am in australia developing against aussie vehicles. Even unsupported VPW pcms should display info, and depending how similar to the '0411 they are they might read or might not. I have been advised that LB7 duramax OSID 15189044 and 3904405 DO read. Possibly others but I will need OSIDs to whitelist them. This was just a fluke though, I dont have intention to support write on those yet as I have never even seen one. Maybe one day, though.

Yes Antus i was the one you allowed me to try on the version you sent me i did read out a LB7 ecm and several LS1 stle pcms ranging for the 4896 to a 2003 2004 and 2005 pcms and sent the seed and key
    Last edited by roughneck427; 07-24-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    good to see your here :)

Fuel Injected!
    ... I dont think there is a way to get the pcm service number from the pcm, so to properly identify a 9354896 pcm I will need to create a list of OEM service numbers to OSID. The actual pcms arnt any different, and the operating systems are interchangeable. Especially as I start supporting 1mb pcms I'll need to do this ...
    Agreed ... EFILive and HPT don't list the PCM Service Number for this very reason. TC does, but via an extensive look up table - which is linked to the OS used, but not to any hardware detected - a 2002 OS flashed into a 09354896 PCM will be inaccurately displayed as a 12200411 PCM.

My 2 cents ... simply remove this displayed parameter from your software (like EFILive and HPT have opted to do).

Administrator
    1project2many: It will attempt to communicate with any VPW pcm. There is nothing different about the 12200411 and 9354896 pcms distributed in different parts of the world, and I am in australia developing against aussie vehicles.
    Very good. I'll have to get it wired up and see what happens. It's not even listed as a GM PCM in North America but it's definitely a Delco controller. You guys might have a similar controller in the Daewoo J150 w/2.0.

I dont think there is a way to get the pcm service number from the pcm
    The "service number" is the current part number and based on GM's parts history it's subject to change. I'd be surprised if that data's included in the pcm.

so to properly identify a 9354896 pcm I will need to create a list of OEM service numbers to OSID.
    The US EPA and some states use a list of CALID, Application, and PCM Service Number to determine whether or not the vehicle has been tampered with (under EPA definition). If you can find the data, you'll have a very thorough list to work with.
    Last edited by 1project2many; 07-24-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Has anyone with a avt cable other than eaglemark had a chance to try it? Its the same cable as tunercat uses for obd2 and I think there are a number of them around, but more in the USA than Australia. I expect it to be widely compatible but am looking forward to hearing how people go with it.
    I have no 411/896 on hand, do have some 1Mb 03-07 truck ECUs though. Will download and poke at it, if it supports the later PCMs I'll be abl to offer prompt feedback.

Fuel Injected!
    Downloaded on my shop computer,unzipped but getting this error when I click on program.
    I'm using Windows XP pro sp3,haven't tried on my laptop but didn't really plan to (win7 and have to use a serial convertor).

Fuel Injected!
    "The application failed to initialise properly 0x0000135". This means your machine does not have the microsoft .net framework on it. There is a link to the download it from microsoft in the software release thread on PCMHacking.net

Seed 4BD2 Key 6B9F
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by roughneck427; 07-27-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    thanks, will have a look at it.

Have released V1.02, with support for 1MB PCMs. Testing reports welcome.

Have released V1.02, with support for 1MB PCMs. Testing reports welcome.
    I updated to V1.02 and just read a 2007 LS1b 1mb PCM. Works PERFECT. Thank you for the update and the SEED/KEY addition.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB, 5.0, 4L80e, Moser M60, 4.10 gear, Homemade twin turbo w/Junkyard T3 turbos, 24x CNP, 12200411 PCM.