Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: LS1 Flash Tool Released

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mekkis View Post
    ESET flags it as a trojan, it crashes when I try to fire it up on an XP sp3 virtual machine. Meh.
    I haven't gotten it to work yet either but I don't need it yet. I tried it first on my XP laptop and got the same thing. Tried it on my Windows 7 machine and it wanted the .NET framework installed. I suspect it's your environment not the application.

Fuel Injected!
    My virus scan didn't flag anything before or after unzip. Works fine on xp and 7.

Carb and Points!
    If I understand correctly, this tool is able to support the green/ble PCM's too? Once I actually open the app up, I'm not sure I understand what's supported as it says "Works with GM 411 type PCM's", but on this thread http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3111 I see note of the 1mb LS1's as well...but I guess they're actually different tools from different programmers?

Either way, this is awesome.
    Last edited by MikeOD; 11-29-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    I guess they're actually different tools from different programmers?
    That's my question as well. Is this the finished product started by Antus or is this a different program?

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB, 5.0, 4L80e, Moser M60, 4.10 gear, Homemade twin turbo w/Junkyard T3 turbos, 24x CNP, 12200411 PCM.

Fuel Injected!
    It appears to be a different application. If you read the thread I referenced above you'll see the author adapted an app he wrote for the blackbox PCM to the 0411.

Quote Originally Posted by Lextech View Post
    That's my question as well. Is this the finished product started by Antus or is this a different program?

Jeff
    They are different, used both and they work very different. Antus's tool has not been updated in a while and has no write capabilities yet
    Both great tools tho

Are we still looking for a 5th person to pitch in for a cable? Just read the entire thread and am super stoked about this! Working on catching up on C++ and one day (far, far into the future) I'd be able to help with the programming of this project. I'm a Systems Engineer by trade (because I couldn't make enough money as a wrench bender)

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry, your 2 years late. The cables were ordered and distributed. Sadly the organizer of the purchase EagleMark passed away. Antus software has not advanced either, although reads and changes vins very well.

Carb and Points!
    delete
    Last edited by beenba; 05-30-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Sorry, your 2 years late. The cables were ordered and distributed. Sadly the organizer of the purchase EagleMark passed away. Antus software has not advanced either, although reads and changes vins very well.
    Well, actually... Antus and I, and a couple other guys, have been working on a rewrite of his software, and while there's still more to be done, it's basically working now. It mostly just needs more testing to shake out the bugs, and some extra validation to prevent people from shooting themselves in the foot.

It supports the same AVT cables as his original version, but it also supports the USB version of the AllPro interface, which is only about $40. Or J2534 tools. Or the ScanTool SX, though that's relatively slow.

http://pcmhammer.org - this will redirect to GitHub. Click "Releases" and download the most recent one.

http://www.obddiag.net/products.html (No affiliation, I just really like this product.)

Last edited by NSFW; 01-18-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I love the Xpro VT cable.

Full read 2 min 24 sec. Full write 1 min 9 sec. on a 0411 pcm.

This is some assume software NSFW.

full read resized.jpgFirst write resized.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carb and Points!
    Why??

LS1Flash-free.exe
    Threat Name: Trojan.Gen.MBT

Norton AntiVirus?

Fuel Injected!
    False positive with that AV. Early versions were packed with confuser because of perceived potential IP theft when it was more ground breaking. I ended up partnering with NSFW and later others and we ended up going open source (so no need to pack anything) and all the IP in this tool+ later development (support for PCM writing, and support more PCMs) ended up in PCMHammer.

Fuel Injected!
    2002 troll answer: NORTON CAN NOT HELP YOU NOW

Real answer: Any .exe that tries to encrypt their IP, not by a big name software vendor who is able to pay AV companies to vet their product, gets flagged. False positives are pretty much all you will see from the little guys trying to make a living, or god help you maintain closed source freeware. If you are worried buy an old laptop for $75, run no AV, keep it offline as much as the softwares will let you, and NEVER log into anything a hacker could use to take you for a financial or identity ride.
    There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it can not be overcome by brute strength and ignorance.