Quote Originally Posted by antus View Post
Has anyone with a avt cable other than eaglemark had a chance to try it? Its the same cable as tunercat uses for obd2 and I think there are a number of them around, but more in the USA than Australia. I expect it to be widely compatible but am looking forward to hearing how people go with it.
I had a little free time the other day - so I gave it a go. I selected four 512KB PCMs from inventory - two with Service Number 09354896 (one with a 1999 OS, the other with a 2000 OS), and two with Service Number 12200411 (one with a 2001 OS, the other with a 2002 OS).

Each PCM was read with: PCMHacking.net software, TunerCat, HP Tuners, and EFILive (twice - once with V7.5 software, once with V8 software).

The PCMHacking.net software had very respectable read times (see attached PDF chart), and saved a *bin which was readable by the other softwares - therefore in no way corrupt.

The only minor issues (which are more aesthetic in nature than functional) were that the PCMHacking.net software identified all of the PCMs as being 12200411 variants, and indicated that all of the PCMs were locked (which technically they are, by the OEM - however most tuning software with this parameter use it to indicate a tuner lock / custom lock of some sort).

Awesome work Antus !

Attached is a PDF chart of areas I examined, and the results between the various software.