Thread: Where do I go from here...

Where do I go from here...

I have my TBI set up firing, about to get the mufflers run. What will be my next step? I am running a 7747 ECM on a tbi conversion intake on a stock rebuilt Vortec 350. I currently have 13 PSI fuel pressure, and the SES light will come on, blink, then stay on. It stays on though after you fire it until you disconnect the battery. I have no scan tool, not sure what I need. I do have a spare laptop with windows 7 and nothing else on it at the moment, just not sure what I need. I am perfectly fine with getting someone to burn a chip, as this is not a performance build, and I don't like to tweak much, lol...

Even if you buy a chip which I can do. Your still going to need a cable to start data logging and find codes. It is the best tool you can own for your rig.

For now you can see what error codes are going on with a paperclip and reading this thread:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-CEL-SES-Light

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

So a Moates G1 adapter and the Moates ALDU1 and Cable one would be sufficient?

No need for the G1 as I burn new 2732a chips and mail them, they are stock chips, no adapter needed.

For the cable PM Robert in this thread:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...uy-ALDL-Cables!

-= =-

While awaiting the cable you linked, is there anything else I need to do,anyone? My build consists of the tbi mounted on the GM swap intake on a bone stock rebuilt 1997 Vortec 350. It has late 80's caprice stock exhaust manifolds, and a new exhaust system. I have read through some threads here, and I see mention of increasing the fuel pressure to 15 or 18psi, is there a set number or is this something that is actually needed?. As mentioned, mine is at 13 psi, but the stock Nissan fuel pump will put out 34psi, so the stock tbi bypass regulator is working...

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    No need for the G1 as I burn new 2732a chips and mail them, they are stock chips, no adapter needed.

So what is involved with getting a chip from you? I need to send anything besides fundage? Thanks.

PM me the project information, engine, mods PCM, everything. I know it may be all here but I like to have it revieed and in one spot.

-= =-

Will do...

After having multiple family member health issues, along with working literally EVERY day, I finally got a chance to get back on this. I got the mufflers on, worked out a few glitches here and there, and have it running somewhat. Still on the to do list is getting my laptop back where I can get the data logging and code reading done. with absolutely no tuning and no idea what the timing is right now, it runs a tad rich...