Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: o2 inicial value

Fuel Injected!

o2 inicial value

I was wondering about the o2 setting[inicial value] in my bin file its set to 0.451, but the rich mean lean is set 516,486,455 at 0 air flow and increases up from there. do I need to increase the inicial value in tuner pro? getting close to 1000 burns on my gq-4x

Your the only guy I've ever heard of that wore legs out on a chip!

The O2 Initial value is the center of O2 voltage, the point at which the O2 switch/cross counts. So desired AFR of fuel set to 14.1 is where initial is. So there is Initial, Rich and Lean. There's no reasoning in why some GM have it set to not switch in some calibrations? Maybe an emissions or CAT thing? If they are set to no switch like Initial 451, lean 399 and rich 408? never hits 451? It does anyway because of "O2 - Window for Fast O2 R/L", then INT continues to rise until it hits value of "O2 - Counts Err Thres for INT Correction" changes BLM and switches anyway. I like them to be set to switch and avoid this. Example low under 451 and high over 451.

To keep it closer to Initial value you can reduce "O2 - Window for Fast O2 R/L"

To understand more how O2 sensor values and fueling work read this. Oh yeah take an asprin ahead of time...
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...obert-Rauscher

With a Wide Band O2 sensor you can make some slight AFR changes with O2 settings and see the difference.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    that's a pretty good article, I will have to go back an read it again I forgot what [propation term I think 0x2f7 ] is what I need to find. that 5.9.1 xdf works good I have run into one slider that works backwards [closed loop-warm timer cts threshold]. my o2 sensor went up to 0.993 then stayed a 0.284 for a while ,it may be going bad or my bin might have got corrupted, starting over with a new bin.

It took me many times reading and tuning to figure it out. Not sure I still have it all right but sure can make a tune work!

The slider that is backwards is correct! Look at stock setting and go from there. It was a lot of work from many involved here to get it to work correctly and has never been done before. If you adjusted it wrong it sounds like you went Open Loop!

Proportional Gains is amount of fueling adjustment made do to O2 sensor feedback.
    "PRP - Gain vs. O2 Error"
    "PRP - Gain vs. Air Flow"
    Then duration for both.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    sure a lot of differents in these bins when you open them with tunerpro and compare them, the apab bin they set the rich,m,lean up around 0.550. its a 6cyl. sync, bin

Yeah I know, I've been comparing them from 1987 through 2000s and there does not seem to be any real logic as to how they are done. I guess if it passes emissions GM is done!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I hit the wrong link and unsubscribed to this thread, I saved a file about the o2 you posted. thanks I think I need 2 asprins

If you want to try and tighten up the swing of O2 and keep AFR closer try these settings.

Also the "BLM - Integrator Delta To Move BLM" is set to 4 on this bin, I've seen higher so you can only get as close to 128 as possible. Change it to 2.

When fueling is closer lowering the Prop gains helps data and if there are any surging issues this helps as well.

Helps to get fueling dialed in closer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Those calibrations are pretty much only done for only emissions, it's interesting to play with the O2 gains and watch an analyzer. I used to play with a mechanic's 5-gas (NOx/HC/CO/CO2/O2) and if you have one of those you can find some interesting things happening when you tune it. I now get to play with a Horiba 5-gas rack (same five results but the analyzers are better and a 5 second response time and 1 second T90 time). A cat sometimes wants some O2 storage/release to stabilize conversion efficiency although with a postcat O2 some cats work well with as low a storage/release as you can get away with - I have run systems with a wideband in the front and no toggling and great emissions. Put on a different cat with a different formulation and it needs to be hit with lambda steps of +/- 0.05 (10% total swing) to get decent emissions. You can drive yourself crazy looking at the numbers sometimes.
    1994 6.5L 4L80E K
    2001 VW GTI
    2006 Smart ForTwo CDI

Fuel Injected!
    I cut the prps back -3 at a time seams to have smoothed things out a little at lower operation.i made a history o2 voltage table when blm goes under 127 o2 goes to 0.993. I will get a data log in the morning and evening to see how much differents there is.trying to ajust blms at a guess between morning an evening data logs. if it uploaded this is my gq-4x
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    how do you force open loop idle? I set my open loop at 65-90 centigrate afr to 14.8 its smells better but it goes closed loop pretty quick, I think 14.85-14.95 would work on this off the wall experiment , ever time I make a change I have to program a chip. I may have found a job going to see tomorrow[88 miles driving a day that sucks but I need the job] ,driving that far 3.5-4.0 gallons a day, takes a chunck out of what they pay. [I would like to do it on 2.8-3.2 gallons 87octain] is what I have been tunning on. when they changed to summer bleand knock counts started to increase.

"Open Loop - RPM Threshold"
    Adjust here for Open Loop idle on big cam/low MAP idle engines.

The Open Loop Off Idle RPM is the RPM threshold at which the ECM leaves open loop mode. To return to open loop mode the RPM must drop below Open Loop Off Idle RPM minus the Open Loop On Idle RPM

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I dindnt get that job I was tring to get,next day another place called me wanting to give me an interview, cant come know putting an axle in a mazda mvp can Monday, the job I didn't get is because no high school diploma or ged, emidely discolifyd me and I only applied for a mechanics helper, Monday may discolifey me cause iam 58 years old and don't look good, I am slow wise and do good work to the best of my ablity. if I get this job Monday its only 75 miles round trip.it will make a lot of financial differents an help other workers to learn [if they don't already know about some repair jobs] I kindof feel funning posting this here, I wanted to say the sst 512 chips do wear out,i have programged a couple 200-300 times a piece 1 of them will show it programmed but the data log says it dindt , not complaining, that is a lot of programming for a click earase chip !!!

Don't say no high school diploma on application, just list the year you would have graduated, no one asks or looks.

Can't hide your age, looks... or spelling...

Your age and knowledge is an asset to some positions and may not be for others that they just want hard work and no brain, like a kid job... but they can not discriminate on age, so they use any excuse like GED.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I may well get the job that I have an interview for,the man I worked for, for 10 years had a lot of coustomers an [people that know him in the town I got the interview in] I sayed I was wise but not enough to run a bussnise, it takes all kinds to make things work an I know what I can do ,egale mark listin to this[ notodomis in grease cloths ] on old cars.