Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tbi conversioon 64 el camino

Fuel Injected!
    so getting back at this, trying to get everything bench built whiule the truck is still in the body shop.

did get a 94 ECM and knock sensor, but can not find an ESC module to go with it. is there one on a 94?

also, will I need to do prom editing for the TCC to be controlled by the ECM?

what should my wiring be for TCC to the 94 harness? im using a mid 80's 700r4

I also picked up the cruise control for the 94 chevy truck to add in. anything special I need to kow to make it work? will any other switch work it, or just the 94 wiper/cruise/dimmer combo switch?

lastly, at the moment, factory wiring schematocs call for a VSS buffer. will I need one, or is that just for the speedometer?

The ESC is built into the MEMCAL on the '94 TBI PCM.

Buffer, or DRAC is for both speedo and PCM.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    so I guess the question is, will I need a buffer for proper system function? if so, where is it located in the donor truck?

thanks for letting me know about the esc being in the memcal. I thought I was gonna go nuts trying to find one.

also, the diagrams show a heating circuit for the 02 sensor, but all the parts houses show a single wire sensor. so whats the deal?

also, any feedback on the TCC wiring/prom tweaks for the 700r4?

DRAC or VSSB should be behind the glove box nearer the center of the truck. Not far from the PCM.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

Fuel Injected!
    back at this again. finally. wow, ive drug this out. but then again, truck was in the body shop for a year....

modifying the harness, stripping out all the emissions stuff, etc. making it as minimal as possible.

what wiring changes do I need to do to only control the lockup converter on the 700r4? I do not have, nor am I planning to swap to, an electronic transmission. if I dom I guess ill be building another harness or reinstalling that stuff in this one.

any emissions stuff need to stay for proper system operation? I cant think of any, as I have no provisions for EGR, etc. the rest is completely unnecessary as I have no emissions inspections on a 64 in NC other than a PCV valve.

thanks guys.

Michael