Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324

Thread: Ideas for 4 cylinder MPFI = Toyota 22RE with GM ECM?

Quote Originally Posted by delcowizzid View Post
    try this for shits and giggles cut and paste from our aussie delco master vl400 reguarding sensor polarity :D maybe you need to reverse the crank sensor wires
    Well Son of a Bitch!

I'd have never thought of that and was not even going to try, but I'm glad I did. Soooooo much better. Maybe it's tunable now? I've got to solder and shrink wrap the two crank sensor wires and try again. I had them twisted and taped and if I pinched them it changed something...

It actually idled... almost. I've had the external IAC pinched off because the Jeep IAC is backwards? IAC counts of 0 = full air! Tried to put a GM IAC in the Jeep IAC housing, although they look identical a closer look showed enough difference that it won't slide into housing. Wonder if swapping 2 blue or 2 green wires would make it work right?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

On the jeep 4.0 IAC, the pins are marked ABCD

So try this:

A - Blue with black stripe
    B - Blue with white stripe
    C - Green with white stripe
    D - Green with black stripe

I came up with this with my test bench. I used the IAC from my 93 wrangler and used a 7727 ecm, the harness is a stock GM harness I have hacked and added ecm connectors from a 7727, 7730, and 7427. I would power on the ecm, the power it back off to do the IAC reset. I unhooked the battery each time so I could make it do the reset each time. I just kep swapping wires till it worked....lol. I did this to figure out the wiring for the IAC for when I eventually swap out the stock untuneable jeep ecm for a tuneable GM ecm (7727)

Hope this helps.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    you will probably find that the sync pulse cam signal you were messing with will work now too.and you may need to change the air gap again.glad i could help many brains many ideas you did say you thought it was a hardware issue and it was LOL

Fuel Injected!
    post a new log so we can see the difference in rpm spikes

Tried the IAC wire change but it still did the exact wrong thing. Swapped 2 and still? So I need to work on IAC issue.

But I can get it to idle, I think this mask has issues with IAC counts and idle. Revs up and pulls good. Here's a log to look at. I'm whooped and need to hang out with my chair for alittle while. Feelings now are it's in the tune along with IAC issue.

Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    oh my what a beautiful rpm trace now LOL pretty damn smooth

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Tried the IAC wire change but it still did the exact wrong thing. Swapped 2 and still? So I need to work on IAC issue.
    Humm. What year did the iac come from? I know this worked with the factory iac from my 93. I remember when trying to find the right combo of wires, having the same issue, it worked but was opposiate, I swapped two more wires and then it worked like a charm, thats the above combo I wrote down for future reference.
    I just pulled up the wiring diagram for my 93 and it shows pins A & B as one coil, with pins C & D as the other coil.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Well I got the Jeep IAC worked out today and the Toyots runs great from cold start idle to warm start and driving!

Well OK still needs a final tune but we are in ballpark!

Since the Toyota does not have a IAC that would work I used the trick from 1projest2many and got a Jeep 2.5L or 4.0L IAC and housing. A GM IAC looks identical, but is not and won't fit.

Use the Jeep IAC housing and make a plate for back with hoses and POOF! And external IAC for conversions.

and

But the Jeep IAC does not have the coils set up same as GM!

GM A-B and C-D
    Jeep A-D and B-C

Also direction comes up backwards if you just swap over. So you'll notice the power wire = White stripe are swapped as well!

Final wiring from GM to Jeep IAC in tested working condition on the vehicle is.

A = Blue/White
    B = Blue/Black
    C = Green/White
    D = Green/Black
    Attached Images Attached Images

-= =-