Thread: An old new guy.

Carb and Points!

An old new guy.

I have rebuilt a 29 Ford Model A Sedan. I don't say restored as it is not as Henry would like it. I have 1935 wheels and radial tires on it. I installed a 49 Ford overdrive into the torque tube, and while it is a 29 engine it has a dual exhaust header, higher compression head, insert bearings, and topped with a Webber 32/36 carb. It also has a touring cam. In overdrive it'll do over 70mph. I don't know it's top end as it is still a stock frame, steering, and brakes.
    I am now building a hotrod 31 Ford Pickup. I had a custom frame built, but have done everything else myself. The chassis is in mockup with a 2007 Mustang 4.0 V6, 5R55S 5 spd automatic trans, and 94 Mustang rearend with 273 gear. I hope you all receive me better than other hotrod forums. I have been beatup because a 6cyl is not a hotrod. I have very limited knowledge of EFI. I have read and understand what the sensors do, but I'm have a difficult time with the wiring.. I want to get the eng running before I continue with the mockup. I will greatly appreciate and advice and help you can give. Also to Gearhead I grew up in northern Idaho, Kellogg. Thanks Goys

Administrator
    I have been beatup because a 6cyl is not a hotrod.
    Whoa!!! Sixes aren't hotrods??? Prior to '55 if you had a Chevy you'd install a GMC I6 to go racing or hotrod. There were plenty of I6 Chrysler hotrods back in the day, too. Not everyone could afford to swap in a V8. Sheesh not a hotrod... what an attitude.

You're welcome here, and I hope your 31 is able to change some minds.

Sounds like cool projects! Not sure why any hotrod forum would not give a warm welcome? But your welcome here!

You've got about 10 years on the wife but may know her or her brother who is older and grew up in Kellogg. Sager family? Still a bunch of them up there.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    It's been so long since I have been in Kellogg. I joined the Army in 66 and went back once in 70. I don't remember the Sager family. But that doesn't mean I didn't know them in high school. Sorry

That's OK, your still welcome here!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-